Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

QuoteMRI shows Juan Castro has a mild left knee strain. He is day to day.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

Fun game to watch.

Old Man pitched a fargin gem.

Jesus needs to be re-signed.

Chooch is having a great year.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

I just had a terrible mental image of Todd trying to talk dirty to whatever 14 year old hooker he and LT could afford to double team.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 08, 2010, 12:39:11 AM
Fun game to watch.

Old Man pitched a fargin gem.

Jesus needs to must be re-signed.

Chooch is having a great year.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: KDS on May 08, 2010, 01:54:00 AM
are you happy now bitch?

It's only May 7.  Next loss we'll be back to the obligatory bitching and moaning.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote"It was impressive, regardless of how old you are," ace Roy Halladay said.

Does Halladay expect to be throwing shutouts at 47?

"No," he said immediately.

What does he expect to be doing then?

"Fishing," he said.

Sgt PSN

Didn't see this posted yet. 

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20100508_Scorer_s_late_call_helps_Halladay.html

QuoteA report in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch yesterday said that the Cardinals were upset with a scoring decision that was changed after the Phillies' 7-2 win Thursday afternoon that turned a David Freese triple into a three-base error on Jayson Werth.

Not only did the decision, made well after the play occurred in the second inning, remove an earned run from Roy Halladay's ERA, it stopped Freese's hitting streak at nine games. The original decision by official scorer Jay Dunn was subject to plenty of scrutiny throughout the game - several Phillies officials were spotted talking with Dunn - and Werth himself placed a call to the press box to claim culpability. On the play, Werth lost a fly ball in the sun; it bounced off his glove.

An official for Major League Baseball said the league did field a call from the Cardinals, but not a formal complaint. A Phillies spokesman said he has been told that St. Louis has not officially appealed the ruling, although such appeals occur often throughout the course of a season.

The Post-Dispatch quoted Cardinals media relations director Brian Bartow as calling the ruling, and the lobbying by the Phillies, "unprofessional." *

LOL.  Pretty sure the "unprofessional" quote is coming from LaRussa via Brian Bartow.  As good of a manager as he is, dude is a bit of a whiner.  Besides, teams lobby with the official scorers almost every damn game.  Maybe it's to keep a hitting streak alive or a no hitter in tact.  In this case, I think the Phils were doing what they could give Doc a leg up on the Cy Young (not that the extra .2 added to his ERA would really make a difference).  Good on Werth lobbying for it even though it ends up reflecting poorly on him on the stat sheet. 

SD

It was clearly an error that was caused by the elements (sun and wind).

BigEd76

Utley has the day off today....Polanco starts at 2B.  No Charlie either (personal reasons not related to his health)....Mackanin will manage...

PhillyPhreak54

And another Saturday of not seeing the game.

Because FOX, like ESPN, insists on cramming Yankees/Red Sox down our throats.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD on May 08, 2010, 12:39:08 PM
It was clearly an error that was caused by the elements (sun and wind).

I didn't see the game or even the highlight, so clearly it wasn't all that clear. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 08, 2010, 01:06:09 PM

What do you expect?  Annoying as it may be, Yanks/Sawx is much more appealing to a national audience than Phillies/Braves.  C'est la vie. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: BigEd76 on May 08, 2010, 01:03:11 PM
Utley has the day off today....Polanco starts at 2B.  No Charlie either (personal reasons not related to his health)....Mackanin will manage...

I don't get it.  If Cholly is having some personal issues, why doesn't he blow up on the field, yell at some fans and then walk out in the middle of a game?  Seems like it would be the more professional way to go about it.

MDS

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 08, 2010, 01:18:06 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 08, 2010, 01:06:09 PM

What do you expect?  Annoying as it may be, Yanks/Sawx is much more appealing to a national audience than Phillies/Braves.  C'est la vie. 

you expect some way for both games to be available. like heres an idea, put the other games on the baseball package. so people can watch them.

how a game cannot be on tv in 2010 is beyond me.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.