Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

LBIggle

herndon can be offered back to the angels now or wherever he came from.  opp. batting like .600 or so off him now. nice knowing ya.  blanton and happ need to get back, this trash bullpen can't handle so much dog shtein in the rotation.  Jesus saves tomorrow.

MDS

just watched the game on dvr

i knew it was over the second herdon came in to a tie game in the 8th. can contreras not pitch back to back days? where the hell is the artist formerly known as jc romero? the best manuel had at that point was herndon? good lord is this bullpen putrid.

good lord is pitching putrid outside of halladay. they need blanton and happ back asap. they need to pray lidge is back as the old brad lidge. otherwise, dare i say igy's braves might control the east.

hell the danys baez experience somehow gave up 1 run despite giving up like 17 hits in his inning plus. that was an accomplishment.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

farging eh,  two best decisions I made this weekend - surfing over watching this shtein Friday and this shtein today.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

smeags

it's april and while there's reason for concern knowing this team's habit of sucking it early on no need to panic.

yet.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

smeags

oh and for the record i was never a big fan of the ibanez signing.

Rome

Ibanez will get straightened out.  The bullpen is a disaster right now, though.  There isn't a single pitcher in there who can be counted on, especially gas can Madson.

Lidge & Romero can't return soon enough.

smeags

can't agree on ibanez, not calling it a bust move but his inconsistent play plus the fact that his salary will influence the werth situation bothers me.

Rome

I don't think Ibanez's contract will have an iota of effect on Werth's deal.  He's over thirty and they have Dom Brown sitting in the Minors right now.  Werth will be trading red pinstripes for blue roughly 30 seconds after the free agency period opens, and honestly, that's fine by me.  I'll miss him because he's dreamy & all, but that's another story.

smeags

my point being that if they don't have ibanez's contract counting against their asinine self imposed cap they re-sign fabio werth and put brown in left.

LBIggle

i don't like them getting rid of their best outfielder either, but i don't see them resigning werth and howard. 

romero is back rome.  he faced one batter and gave up a homer.  i'm sure he's still a ways from being able to pitch in back to back days and actually be counted on for a big spot in the game.. but it can't be any worst then the alternatives.

Rome

I meant back to full strength for the both of them.

ice grillin you

whats their record since the nationals and houstons came off the schedule?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

charlie

4-5, which is totally enough of a sampling to make a judgement on the rest of the season.

Also... 2 starting position players out, 2 starting pitchers and 2 top (supposed) releivers spending time on the DL or the bench due to injury. All they have to do is tread water until june, then the run can start.

ice grillin you

i think its the same amount of games as the first six of the season when everyone was touting magic
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous