CF Financial

Started by hbionic, February 12, 2010, 12:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on June 28, 2010, 11:27:12 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 28, 2010, 12:31:31 AM
I'm pretty good about budgeting, but I want to learn investing. I want to be able to know the ins and outs of the markets so I can grow my savings.

Rich Dad Poor Dad will teach you nothing about investing.

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 28, 2010, 07:03:48 AM
no debt whatsoever...but we still may go in that direction as ill probably be getting a new car in the next couple years

GOAT - FYI, I did the math on a 15 vs 30 and figured if I made the same payment amount from the 15-year at the 30-year rate, it would take 15 years and 9 months to pay off.

If your ladyfriend has a gubment job too, might as well go with the 15.  Mad job security.  Plus, you'll just blow the difference on air travel and chain restaurants.

yeah shes IRS...job security isnt an issue...its being able to change your current comfort for the long term...

even if its the right thing to do it isnt easy to pull the trigger
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Quote from: SD on June 28, 2010, 12:13:44 PM
This game is rigged, man. We like the little bitches on a chessboard.

You're a soldier, Bodie.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

its a cold world man

thought you said it was gettin warmer?

world goin one way people another

charlie

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 28, 2010, 12:31:31 AM
I want to be able to know the ins and outs of the markets so I can grow my savings.

You and everyone else.

Dont use savings for investing.

Unless you want to be watching the market every minutes of every day as a day trader, get a decent chunk of money... about $15,000 or so and find two or three mutual funds of various risk levels and put 10,000 in them, then use the other 5000 on individual stocks.

PhillyPhreak54

Thats actually kind of what I was thinking about doing, $5K and $5K.

Dio,

That blows. And you lose your life of accounts being opened, so even if you get new cards you've lost some of that good history.

fargin scamming ass credit card companies.

Seabiscuit36

Blame the people who said that Risk Based pricing was predatory, now everyone pays
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

The whole credit card thing is a hassle anyway.  You've got "real" money, printed up by whatever government has power at the time you happen to be alive.  Then add onto that, people willing to give you some of that real money, if you give them more of it back later.

A scam built on a scam.

I should thank them for getting me off their lists.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

get the eagles mastercard....no fees and lots of free eagles stuff if you spend enough money...just in the last year ive gotten a authentic pimp throwback and a really nice cooler

Seabiscuit36

Eagles Mastercard is switching over to being owned by Barclays
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

what does that mean for it

no more nfl rewards?

because when i went on the other day to get my pimp jersey there was a clock counting down that you had to sepnd your pts by...sometime in the next six months or something

Seabiscuit36

yep, from what i read the points will stay for a period of time, thereafter everything goes to Barclays and theydont have to honor the current point system. 

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

actually i just saw an article that they will be offering a rewards program...i guess they just arent honoring pts accumulated under mbna

they should offer a kelly green card....i might even pay a fee for that

Seabiscuit36

I dont know what barclays is gonna offer, but i'd imagine it has to be something comparable since they bid crazy money to get the NFL's business, doesnt make sense alienating the customer base they bought.  I personally use a Charles Schwab card, and Amex, both have good points programs, the Schwab specifically for cash, they have a great contract and i get 500 bucks for 50k points. 

PhillyPhreak54

I'm thinking about asking for a raise. It's been two years since my last (and only) one. Is it too early to ask for another? My previous one was small and I'd like another 10-15% in base salary.