CF Financial

Started by hbionic, February 12, 2010, 12:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

I seem to recall Wells Fargo being particularly racist in who they preyed upon during the lead up to the great collapse and recession, hence the comment.

Perhaps they weren't racist this time.  Congrats?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Butchers Bill

I remember Countrywide (now BofA) being racist. Wells may have been as well I just remember Countrywide was overtly racist in their dealings leading up to the crisis.
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

I saw where the government is investigating

I'm sure they'll do a thorough investigation and all involved will be condemned and punished

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

hbionic

Ok, back to life insurance.

Who has it and what type do you recommend?

Thanks.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Susquehanna Birder

Do you have a wife/SO and/or kids? And significant assets that need to be protected for your heirs?

hbionic

Susquehanna Birder

Gotcha. It's a personal decision, but my feeling is that I insure to make sure that the wife can continue to live in the house and not have a significant loss in lifestyle. Many insurance salesmen will play on your sense of guilt and sell you champagne wishes and caviar dreams for your heirs. I tend to think that it should be about nothing more than replacing what might be lost should I kick the bucket.

Does your employer offer some kind of term life? That tends to be the best cost solution, especially if you can get a good group deal through work. Then if you want to supplement with some other policy, you can do that at a relatively low cost. The gaggle of "investment" policies is popular, but not terribly practical in my book. You'll get a better return by getting the cheapest term policy you can get, then investing the difference on your own.

phillycrew

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/20/your-money/life-insurance-buyers-guide-what-type-how-much-and-who-will-benefit.html?contentCollection=smarter-living&hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Good luck Chuggie.  Don't give the wife too much of an incentive to wipe you out.  Also, check the insurance companies financial ratings with AM Best and check out their complaints with the NAIC (https://eapps.naic.org/cis/).

hbionic

Thanks guys.

I'm self-employed and have been skating by with no insurance, but maybe a recent passing has put 'life' into perspective and should at least have the baby momma and kid hooked up in the event the Eagles give me a massive heart attack.

Yeti

Self employed means male prostitute, amirite?
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

Susquehanna Birder

I'd still do some shopping for the best term rates, and like crew said, make sure it's a reliable company.

PhillyPhreak54

Thank god for Chase's fraud dept

Someone got a hold of my debit card and tried to run up about $5k worth of purchases this morning

corksucking thieves

Susquehanna Birder

Amex is pretty good about it, too. I got a notice that somebody used my card number to get an Uber somewhere in Canada. The last place I used my card was for "incidentals" at the Clarion hotel in Essington the night of the Cowboys game. I didn't realize that "incidentals" meant "let me give your number to some person in Canada."