FIRE HOWIE ROSEMAN!

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 10, 2010, 10:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

PhillyGirl

Quote from: rjs246 on April 13, 2010, 01:06:54 PM
The chances of Ingram contributing to this team are slim at best. I came to grips with that about 45 seconds after he blew out his knee, again, after a year of not playing ball because of a blown out knee.

Correll Buckhalter says hi.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

Buckhalter is one of my least favorite Eagles of all time. He took touches from not one but two of my favorite Eagles, constantly got hurt (arguably costing the team at least one playoff game) and was inexplicably loved by the fan population. farg Correll Buckhalter.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

smeags

you sound like you need a hug rjs.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

mussa

I loved Buck. Poor guy had talent, made plays when asked, but could never stay healthy. Was good to see him do so well in Denver, before going down, again...
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MDS

Quote from: mussa on April 13, 2010, 06:46:21 PM
I loved Buck. Poor guy had talent, made plays when asked, but could never stay healthy. Was good to see him do so well in Denver, before going down, again...

what the hell does this even mean?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

mussa be all over the map.

And Rusty has a lot of saltiness towards Buck. Let it out, fella.

Drunkmasterflex

Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Sgt PSN

i hated the decision to hire him.  i didn't like the decision to trade sheldon brown.  i didn't mind trading mcnabb, but hated trading him within the division. 

but if you remove the personal feelings that come with losing a guy like sheldon or even mcnabb (for jay) and look at his decisions from a football/organizational standpoint, he's done a few good things in a short amount of time.  he got good value for both mcnabb and brown and has this team in a pretty good position for a draft that is deep in "need" positions for the eagles. 

he's basically no different than kolb right now.....don't know how good or bad he will be but in his very limited experience, he's shown a little potential so we might as well see what the guy can do.  but i do know that i'm going to have a short fuse and if he blows this draft out of his ass then i'll be thru with him.....as i'm sure nearly every other eagles fan will be as well.   

Drunkmasterflex

I couldn't agree more.  The thing I found most interesting in that article though was all the guys that have been successful GMs that didn't have much of a football background.  Ron Wolfe, George Young, Mickey Loomis, and whoever else he mentioned. 

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

the difference is those guys started as non football guys then worked their way up....regardless of what the eagles say rosemen was not in player personel until at the earliest last year

check the media guides...check front office depth charts check past interviews ect...

you will not find one mention anywhere of a guy named rosemen being in PP

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 15, 2010, 01:35:24 PM
the difference is those guys started as non football guys then worked their way up....regardless of what the eagles say rosemen was not in player personel until at the earliest last year

check the media guides...check front office depth charts check past interviews ect...

you will not find one mention anywhere of a guy named rosemen being in PP

Huh didn't realize that, I thought he at least had some involvement in scouting.  Either way the article is interesting and like Sarge I'll take the wait and see approach. 

And Sarge brings up another good point he did get a lot of picks this offseason for a draft that is supposed to be the deepest in years. 

ice grillin you

i mean i dont know 100%...but i follow the team as closely as anyone and i have never ever heard his name be mentioned in PP until the bogus PR campaign they started putting out about how he ran the draft last year

basically he was a money guy until his name started to be floated for GM and was subsequentily hired....then if you believe the eagles he all of a sudden had been scouting for the past ten years and ran the last couple drafts

that said i have already stated on the board i love what he did with the draft picks with mcnabb with the plan in general this offseason...but me or you could do that...trade good players for decent picks...the test comes in evaluating players properly and acquiring said players

Sgt PSN

the important thing about the picks and this year's draft is that it's fairly deep in positions that the eagles have a need to fill.  not too deep at qb, rb, wr or te....but the eagles don't really need to draft any of those other than a backup rb which can be found in the 3rd round or later. 

this is going to be (or should be) a pretty boring draft in terms of "glam players" because the eagles don't have much of a need for that.  they need safety, cb, lb and ol and there's a lot of them to be had this year.  if they draft anything other than s, cb, lb, ol with their first 5 picks (as those picks stand now), i'll be pretty effing pissed.   

ice grillin you

id say the most important thing is making good picks...which means properly evaluating players....a draft is only deep if you find the right guys...anyway the picks are andys not rosemans...but roseman (and his scouts) needs to give the proper player grades to andy....and thats where my big concern lays

still five of the top 100 picks is awesome