2009 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, November 05, 2009, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

exactly.  why would anyone want to count the days until werth leaves?  dude's a damn good player.  a brown/vic/werth outfield is like the thought of shagging jessica biel - it's boner inducing and ain't never gonna happen. 

rjs246

I don't know, man. Biel seems pretty get-able. She reached her peak by bagging JT, it's all downhill from here. Give her a year or so and she'll be dying to catch a fleshpop in the ear.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

mpmcgraw

I'd rather keep Werth than Howard.

Rome

That's actually not a stupid comment.  On the surface it looks retarded and laughable but it's really not.

ice grillin you

werth is going to be sickeningly overpaid and they have a HOF player behind him.....no brainer
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2010, 07:14:50 PM
werth Raul is going to be sickeningly overpaid and old. they have a HOF player behind him.....no brainer
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

werth is a FA this year....ibanez not until 2011

Munson

Who cares. Werth needs to be here next year and 2011 too. Raul is old as shtein and his body started breaking down already last year.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

i guess you missed the whole cliff lee fiasco....they didnt keep a cy young pitcher for ONE year at 9 million...now they are going to go over budget for jayson werth at lets say five years @ 15 per

Munson

See now you're talking about why it won't happen, which I agree with.

But it would still be the better move to keep Werth and have a Werth/Vic/Brown outfield.

ice grillin you

its not an option idiot

just count the days until they plug a future HOF'er into their lineup

Rome

They only have about $65M tied up in 2012, so it's not entirely implausible that Werth gets a deal.

ice grillin you

well if someone like the yankees doesnt overbid for him on the open market and if btwn now and then HOF dominic brown flys a prop plane into a high rise then i suppose there is a little plausibility to it

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2010, 07:41:09 PM
its not an option idiot

just count the days until they plug a future HOF'er into their lineup

Who cares if it's not an option.

It's what should happen, and counting down the days til the younger, better outfielder of the current 3 leaves is stupid.

Sgt PSN

hof brown got rewarded for his efforts today with a trip back to the minors