2009 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, November 05, 2009, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

so the phils went to consecutive ws winning 1, won 3 straight division titles, have the best all around pitcher in baseball, have all star caliber players at nearly every starting position and they are the 24th best run organization in baseball?  i'm not saying they should be number 1 or anything, but that kind of success should def put you in the top 10, probably even top 5. 

ice grillin you

cmon noob....keith law is a baseball scout who analyzes farm systems and prospects
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

he's also terrible at it, so pump your brakes
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 28, 2010, 10:19:09 AM
cmon noob....keith law is a baseball scout who analyzes farm systems and prospects

i get that and know that it's not just the major league aspect that he's evaluating, but look at the talent that the phils have on the field that came from their own farm system.  look at the talent in their farm system.  and look at the finished product on the field. 

like i said, i don't expect the phils to be #1 but given their success at the pro level and the fact that the core of the team is constructed primarily from home-grown talent, there's no way they can be ranked that freaking low.

Quote from: SunMo on January 28, 2010, 11:06:39 AM
he's also terrible at it, so pump your brakes

yeah.  this. 

ice grillin you

he isnt rating anything but each teams CURRENT minor league system

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 28, 2010, 12:16:57 PM
yeah.  this.  

lol you didnt even know who keith law was a half hour ago

and hes not terrible at it...hes somewhere btwn pat gillick and steve phillips

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

somewhere btwn the lil guy and tiger woods

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 28, 2010, 12:53:48 PM
he isnt rating anything but each teams CURRENT minor league system

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 28, 2010, 12:16:57 PM
yeah.  this. 

lol you didnt even know who keith law was a half hour ago

lol, i have no idea how you jumped to that conclusion.  i knew who the hell he was although i'll admit i'm not overly familiar with his work.  however, if that's his assessment of the phillies as a whole, then i have to say that he does, in fact, suck.  because he does.  hard. 

BigEd76

Remember Steve Smith, the 3B coach that got everyone thrown out at home by 10 feet?  He's on the next Amazing Race with his daughter

Sgt PSN

i was actually trying to forget him.  was going pretty well for me until you came along.  ass.

Eagles_Legendz

Keith Law is a flaming icehole.  He probably knows what he's talking about but anyone who follows anything related to the minor league system knows who he is and his sparkling personality.  He and Neyer are made for each other.

ice grillin you

pretty much all seamheads are unbelievable douchebags

Rome

he also hates phillies fans with a passion.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

Ryan got him an Eagles cheerleader

and Cliff Lee needed minor foot surgery and is out 2-3 weeks.  No mocking.