2009 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, November 05, 2009, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on November 06, 2009, 12:37:19 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 06, 2009, 06:39:43 AM
Quote from: MDS on November 06, 2009, 02:15:00 AM
they were an average lidge away from a game 7. might not have won that game 7 if it happened but no need to freak out over it.

you do know that lidge didnt blow a save he gave up runs in a tie game?

even if he gets out of that inning chances are the yankees win anyway as the phillies had one clutch hit the entire seriers and that was by p happy

either way to say they were right on the cusp of a game seven if not for lidge is a huge stretch

looooooooooooooooooooool

phil coke in the 9th inning of a tie game? WIN. "clutch" doesnt exist you idiot. phil coke sucks. he wasnt getting out of the inning alive. cliff lee wins game 5, they back to ny up 3-2, lose game 6 and we have a game a 7.

its really simple when you think about it, actually.

yeah, if the phils went into the btm of the 9th tied, rivera wouldn't have come out and i believe the phils had the top of the order coming up.  you can't help but think the phils would have won it right there.  of course, they didn't so farg it. 

MDS

well yea, it dont matter now

but the point is if lidge is halfway decent his slider is better and he can put away damon. and he doesnt hit tex. and he has more confidence in his slider to throw to arod even with damon on 3rd.

thats why you figure a better lidge and they can get it done again.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

Apparently Amaro met the press today and it doesn't sound like Feliz will be back thank god.

Someone asked about Moyer and Amaro said why would he turn down guaranteed money.  Awesome.

We're going to have to sit through his games before he breaks a hip again next year.

MDS

all that means is he wont be cut. hes coming to spring training. so is drabek, so is kendrick, so are other people.

really its a 5th starter, not a pressing issue.

good to know about feliz though, he might not be in the league next year.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 06, 2009, 12:54:23 PM
Quote from: MDS on November 06, 2009, 12:37:19 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 06, 2009, 06:39:43 AM
Quote from: MDS on November 06, 2009, 02:15:00 AM
they were an average lidge away from a game 7. might not have won that game 7 if it happened but no need to freak out over it.

you do know that lidge didnt blow a save he gave up runs in a tie game?

even if he gets out of that inning chances are the yankees win anyway as the phillies had one clutch hit the entire seriers and that was by p happy

either way to say they were right on the cusp of a game seven if not for lidge is a huge stretch

looooooooooooooooooooool

phil coke in the 9th inning of a tie game? WIN. "clutch" doesnt exist you idiot. phil coke sucks. he wasnt getting out of the inning alive. cliff lee wins game 5, they back to ny up 3-2, lose game 6 and we have a game a 7.

its really simple when you think about it, actually.

yeah, if the phils went into the btm of the 9th tied, rivera wouldn't have come out and i believe the phils had the top of the order coming up.  you can't help but think the phils would have won it right there.  of course, they didn't so farg it. 

yeah because the phils hitting was so clutch all series...especially the top of the order
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: jihadist monk on November 06, 2009, 01:19:34 PM
Apparently Amaro met the press today and it doesn't sound like Feliz will be back thank god.

Someone asked about Moyer and Amaro said why would he turn down guaranteed money.  Awesome.

We're going to have to sit through his games before he breaks a hip again next year.

the phils are paying moyer next year regardless.  it's just a matter of are they going to pay him to play or pay him to stay home. 
if he plays, he's the 5th starter.  i can probably live with that. 

Quote from: MDS on November 06, 2009, 01:28:29 PM
good to know about feliz though, he might not be in the league next year.

he'll find a job somewhere.  even though he sucks at the plate, his glove alone will grab the attention of any team looking to boost up defensively at the hot corner.  not to mention that there will be a couple of gm's out there who will be dumb enough to say "but he hit 20+ homers for 4 years straight" completely overlooking the fact that it was in san fran, with barry bonds and during the height of the balco scandal. 

ice grillin you

theres no possible way moyer starts a single game for the phillies next year....if he doesnt retire...out of respect...they will "let him compete" in spring training for the 5th spot but it aint happening
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Myers officially gone

QuoteAmaro gave him no reason for the decision not to attempt to extend the relationship between the team and the pitcher. "I was just like, 'OK, thanks for putting up with my s**t.' "
"Hopefully I'll be playing against the Phillies and when I do I want the roughest treatment the fans can give me – when I'm pitching. I'm an opposing player – you have to give it to me."

MDS

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

boom.  outta here. 

even though he never quite lived upto expectations, i always liked him and his wife beating ways.

Rome

The BIGSTUD

The "beat that wife!" chants from the parade last year will always have a special place in my heart.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

LBIggle

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20091106&content_id=7632048&vkey=news_phi&fext=.jsp&c_id=phi

option for lee officially picked up.  amaro said they have been in touch with lee's agent throughout the postseason.. would consider an extension. 

bunch of filler on how much they like feliz but believe they should at least talk about getting better there.  decision has to be made monday.

lidge to be checked for loose bodies in his elbow.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen