2009 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, November 05, 2009, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

igy you fool

jihad scouted him for weeks at reading. he talked to him. he knows hes ready. he didnt just read stats and nerd minor league message boards.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: jihadist monk on November 05, 2009, 12:47:07 PM
Also, something needs to be done about Rollins. 

He is another guy like Happ and Victorino whose percieved value far exceeds their actual value.  He's in the last year of his contract and after 2 World Series appearances I think Amaro might want to shake things up big time.  This might be the way to do it.  Get a few stud left side of the infield prospects and ensure we keep this thing going well into the teens.

lol @ thinking amaro wants to "shake things up" after 2 straight ws appearances.  this team doesn't need to be shaken up but it does need some adjustments and improvements in certain areas.  the only adjustment that needs to be made regarding rollins is that they need to bring in someone who is a true leadoff hitter and drop jimmy to 2 in the batting order.

leadoff hitter
rollins
utley
choke
werth
raul
chooch/victorino
victorino/chooch
pitcher

ice grillin you

jimmy might be less of a two hitter than a leadoff guy

i agree with the overall look...you have this group fully together for another year...it only needs some tweaking

really you can make an argument that the only thing they need to win the world series again is a 2008 cole hamels

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

I don't think there is an argument if you have 08 Hamels not too much needs to be done. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

MDS

jimmy rollins sucks and i hate him and hes black and hes not as hot as chase utley and he doesnt walk and i like being an ass and starting internet trouble
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 05, 2009, 01:20:10 PM
really you can make an argument that the only thing they need to win the world series again is a 2008 cole hamels

This might be the most accurate statement you've EVER made on this board.

Congrats.

Dook.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on November 05, 2009, 02:00:01 PM
This might be the statement I've agreed with most that you've EVER made on this board.

thanks

PhillyGirl

oh ahaha, I see what you did there. Changing what I said to what you wanted it to.

Ohhh, you're so tricky and sneaky!

douche
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 05, 2009, 01:20:10 PM
jimmy might be less of a two hitter than a leadoff guy

i agree with the overall look...you have this group fully together for another year...it only needs some tweaking

i put him at 2 because i don't think there's anywhere else you can really put him.  far be it from me to care about athlete's feelings but i couldn't see him being dropped to the bottom of the order and not bitching about it.  nor do i think he's a bottom of the order guy.  hitting right infront of grit might do him some good. 

the major tweaking needed on this team is the bench, which practically needs to be blown up, and the middle relief in the pen.  they do need to bring in someone with a closer mentality/ability incase madson and lidge shtein the bed again next year.  or put myers in the pen for good.   

ice grillin you

jimmy would be dreadful as a two hitter because the two things you need to be a successful two hitter are his two biggest weaknesses...bat control and OBP...

so when you need him to get a ball to the right side of the infield to advance someone...or be patient and take a bunch of pitches to allow the leadoff guy to run hes not gonna be proficient at that

on the other side of it why would you want a low OBP guy right in front of utley and choke

the one plus of having him in the 2 hole is that hes a very good fastball hitter and the two spot tends to get an abundance of those because often the pitcher is having to deal with a speedster on first...but that doesnt come close to outweighing his engatives in that spot

phattymatty

is calling chase grit a joke or is this some new nickname?  because it's really awful.

PhillyGirl

Lidge needed work done on his knee last offseason...same as the first season he was here. He decided not to get it done and paid the price. If he has the work done, he might be back to 100% health wise....but is his mind farged up from this past season?

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on November 05, 2009, 03:56:38 PM
is calling chase grit a joke or is this some new nickname?  because it's really awful.

one doesnt get called GRIT one is GRIT

mpmcgraw

It started because igy thinks Rollins is better than Utley.

ice grillin you

it started in a gritty little house in southern california a long long time ago...