The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: MDS on May 14, 2021, 10:48:00 PM
nobody defends h-town quite like hentz lol

"Texas forever"

ice grillin you

all this is crazy to me cause not only do I get all the games from two different cities but I get two nbc abc fox and cbs's so I get an afc and nfc cities worth of nfl games each week
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on May 14, 2021, 10:15:55 PM
nobody defends it

there are certain areas that local markerts claim that mlbtv or nbatv then blacks out but the games are not available for people to watch on cable. the teams want the real estate and the league steers clear and lets them claim what they want. it sucks.

in geo's case, the game might be available on a different cable package other than the one he has. in philly, for example, comcast sportsnet is still not available on directv/dish so if you have that you cant watch sports basically

I live in the Fort Myers market.  The two regional sports networks are BallySports Florida and BallySports Sun.  In studying the DirecTV website, I can get games for all the Miami teams, and the Tampa Rays.

PhillyPhreak54

SD

Natalie E left the fanatic. She doesn't have a better offer or other job lined up yet but wanted more money and the station told her no. I've met her before, she's very nice and everyone at the station has nothing but nice things to say about her but ratings are the bottom line and nobody listens to Missanelli to hear NE. There's 100 girls that will give their left tit to fill that spot so IMO bad move on her part. As I understand it there's zero hard feelings on either side.

Munson

Interesting. She made it sound like she had something lined up. I liked the combo of her with mike and Tyrone, it worked pretty well.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

shes probably going to start some kind of podcast but i have zero idea what sports media opportunities exist for her in the philly market. nobody is hiring, everyone is cutting.

though i get working with mike miss is probably painful so she can only take so much
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

She has an open invite to come back at the same salary and she might have some digital deal for something but general consensus is she's replaceable. She's girl next door decent looking but she's no Teryan Hatcher who can get a job in any market because she's smoking and has talent.

MDS

she def gets amplified by being on sports radio which is the ugliest medium on the planet. basically zero women and all the men are hideous

miss was already getting solidly beat my marks/reese so not sure what good she is bottom line wise, other than being someone drunk advertisers try to hit on at events
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

What's her contract offer? Do you know?

Bc the podcast market is oversaturated.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 23, 2021, 11:01:28 PM
What's her contract offer? Do you know?

Bc the podcast market is oversaturated.

The digital one? No idea. Her salary at the fanatic is low. They get appearance fees and a ton of other benefits for being in the media which sort of fills in the salary gap but in general she could definitely make more elsewhere she's just not finding the same exposure in any role in Philly and definitely not elsewhere since she's as local as it gets.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I was wondering if she (or any other non-Cataldi/Missinelli radio person) could make equal or greater by turning it down. If she's only making like $40-50k then I can get looking elsewhere.

MDS

theres nowhere else for her to make money

doing a podcast is basically keeping you relevant, it doesnt pay anything.

i literally dont know what shes going to do. hope shes got a dude who can take care of her

MDS

a philly 6 thinks its all about her looks

wonder what that means for taryn