Your Philadelphia 76ers 2009 Playoff Thread

Started by ice grillin you, April 16, 2009, 09:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Barkley and Kenny think it's a lock that Howard gets suspended for game 6.  hmm

MDS

there is a 0% chance they win game 7 unless stern suspends him for 2 games. howard is an unstoppable beast and him pissed off will beat the ever loving shtein out of farging sam dalembert and that fossil theo ratliff.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

sixers full court game disappeared last night...not enough rebounds not enough turnovers

they will win game 6....book it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I think they win 6 too.

Any word on if Lee is going to play and what happened to him? Concussion? I didn't catch the elbow by Howard, but I can't see the NBA suspending Howard. Not after David Stern spooged all over himself when talking about him on TV.

Damn that was a frustrating game to watch.

ice grillin you

PoopyfaceMcGee

rjs246

Remember when fighting used to be a part of professional basketball? Well, neither do I because I was too young at the time, but can you imagine someone popping you in the face with an elbow in real life and not doing something about it? Just looking around and saying, 'Hey, didn't anyone see that? Wah!'?

I mean, I haven't been in a fight in years and even when I was younger I preferred to avoid them since I don't find it all that enjoyable to beat or be beaten when I'm innocently enjoying a few dozen beers and making fun of everyone's stupid face. But if someone dropped an elbow on my jaw you can bet I'd be swinging and not standing there like a little bitch looking around for someone to notice.

In short, fighting should be re-introduced to the NBA, as god intended.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

BigEd76

Lee has a fractured sinus and is out for game 6.  Nothing on Howard yet...

Rome

If there was a Sixer with balls enough to actually throw an elbow you guys would all be in here singing his praises.

You're worse than taterskins fans in this thread (with apologies to rjs who actually seems to get it).

ice grillin you

you like a team called the "magic"...think about that next time youre about to post in this thread

Sgt PSN

should there be fighting in the nba?  i don't think so.  i'm all for hard, physical play though.  i thought the rondo foul on brad miller was great.  no flagrant there.  

howard's elbow to dalembert?  definitely uncalled for.  however, you take an elbow like that, then consequences be damned, you throw one right back.  if not at that immediate moment, then you do it on the other end of the floor when howard goes up for a bucket or rebound, you drive your elbow right up under his freaking rib cage.  or just punch him in the nuts.  either way, you need to send a message that you ain't gonna take any of his shtein.  

i mean, farg, if baseball pitchers, who are the biggest hoydas in all of professional sports, will throw at a guy twice their size......who is also holding a farging bat, then there's no excuse at all for taking an elbow on the chin and not doing anything but look to the refs for a whistle.  

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Rome on April 29, 2009, 01:29:24 PM
If there was a Sixer with balls enough to actually throw an elbow you guys would all be in here singing his praises.

You're worse than taterskins fans in this thread (with apologies to rjs who actually seems to get it).

Pretty sure I was fooling with the "Thug" comment too, but you might want to call a cheap hooker to untwist your panties, Magic fan.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on April 29, 2009, 01:29:24 PM

Bzzt. I'm all for hard play. Bring back the Rick Mahorn style of play and I'm cool with that.

What we saw last night, from Crawford's crew, with the constant whistles for touch fouls 20ft away from the basket was ridiculous. Even worse, every time someone tried to touch Sir Dwight, they got whistled.

Van Gundy benefited from that junk. So DiLeo, a quiet fella, comes out and takes issue with it and that screaming idioot Van Gundy rips him. I wonder if good ol' Stan would have been quiet had the Magic been the ones getting screwed.

The BIGSTUD

Fighting in the NBA went out the window once Magic got HIV'd.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PoopyfaceMcGee