2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: MDS on July 07, 2009, 03:58:23 PM
jays willing to trade halladay

i think it goes without saying that the phils have a 2 year window here to win a few titles and if they have to sell the farm to win a few more so be it. in my view its worth a 3-4 year set back to win another title or two.

hamels/halladay gives them a great chance to beat the dodgers in the nlcs again, which at this point is a forgone conclusion of a matchup. getting halladay could poss. even help them get homefield.

marson, corrasco, drabek, whatever. who knows if any of those guys will pan out. what we do know is halladay is cy young winner and could get a few more parades down this way.

I'd like to think of Drabek as untouchable, but they have a ton of prospects to get it done. I just hope a team like the Red Sox doesn't blow them out of the water with talent. Halladay would be unreal.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20090708_Jim_Salisbury__Phils_should_take_a_shot_at_getting_Halladay.html

SunMo

you can't make both Drabek and Taylor untouchable, and i'm not sure which one i would chose, i guess you have to say Drabek because you always try to keep pitching, but Taylor looks like he could be an absolute monster.

it would take one of Taylor or Drabek, plus Carrasco, Brown, and probably Donald or Marson
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Pretty much; getting Halladay would require a lot, but it would be worth it.

And then in true Philadelphia style he'd blow his shoulder out two starts into his career here

Rome

Sgt PSN

BigEd76

ice grillin you

should be in the mets thread....dykstra has always considered himself one
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

No shocker there. All that game he spit about being a high roller versus the articles and specials on Real Sports and the like portrayed a different story.

Wonder how long it'll be before he's tapping into his son's bank account

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

BigEd76

Victorino had the lead in the final vote thing for about 5 minutes today then Sandoval passed him again

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

phillymic2000

Don Ho

VICTORINO!!!!!  

Big win tonight with the Marlins shutting down the Giants.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.