The Eagles Offseason Thread(all aboard the Brian Finneran bandwagon)

Started by The BIGSTUD, December 31, 2007, 03:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feva

I really don't see any of this shtein happening to tell you the truth.  Ocho or Fitz.  I'm in a "what if this shtein actually went down" mindset at this point.

As for Moss, there's no way he sees FA.  He'll be locked up with the quickness.  Stallworth on the other hand...
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SunMo

while i still think Stallworth is better than Curtis, having them both on the team seems redundant.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

I would say there is exactly zero chance of Moss becoming a free agent.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

Quote from: SunMo on December 31, 2007, 09:53:15 AM
while i still think Stallworth is better than Curtis, having them both on the team seems redundant.

no

Rome

The Eagles didn't give Stallworth a long-term deal after last season.  What makes anyone here think they'd do it now?  I'd like it and all but come on.  This is the Eagles we're talking about and this isn't a Douglas/Trotter type situation either.

SunMo

did Stallworth have the same hammy issues he had last year?  i don't think he missed any games, but was there any of the "will he/won't he play" that we had last year?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

Yeah, I agree with phatty. Stallworth has the kind of talent that you look for in a number 1. Curtis is just a lunch pale kind of guy. Has some speed, but isn't a game-breaker. Line them up across from one another and I like the WRs a whole lot more. To Curtis' credit though, he does know how to recover a fumble in the endzone better than anyone I've ever seen.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

Feva

Quote from: rjs246 on December 31, 2007, 09:59:51 AM
Yeah, I agree with phatty. Stallworth has the kind of talent that you look for in a number 1. Curtis is just a lunch pale kind of guy. Has some speed, but isn't a game-breaker. Line them up across from one another and I like the WRs a whole lot more. To Curtis' credit though, he does know how to recover a fumble in the endzone better than anyone I've ever seen.

Yep...
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

Stallworth is black and is thus faster and a better all-around athlete.

Rome

The only issues concerning playing time had to do with Welker/Moss being superior in terms of production.  Amazing to think that our former #1 was the third and sometimes fourth option in New England this year.

Like nearly everyone else I think he'd be a great addition and would make Curtis/Brown quite a bit better but I see no way that the Eagles will admit they were wrong and bring him back.

Feva

Quote from: FastFreddie on December 31, 2007, 10:03:42 AM
Stallworth is black and is thus faster and a better all-around athlete.

Welcome to the "enlightened" side...

Rome

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on December 31, 2007, 09:53:15 AM

while i dont think stallworth is a #1 i think he would make all the other wr's better and he brings to the table exactly what the offense needs

the difference in the way the offense operated this year vs last was clear as day

they had no down the field game whatsoever this year...outside of the detroit fluke
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

I'd be thrilled with getting Donte back or in some far out scenario that will never happen getting Fitz or Johnson. The most likely scenario is Reid says the WRs are fine then brings in a #3 type. Baskett should be shown the door but I think there's a chance Greggie stays because he's a good special teams player and is cheap.