07-08 Philadelphia 76ers Season Thread

Started by BigEd76, October 30, 2007, 11:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

Quote from: rjs246 on May 02, 2008, 10:49:42 AM
The NBA sucks. The sooner everyone accepts that the happier you'll all be.

No, lacrosse sucks. The sooner you realize that the sooner you'll be able to take your varsity letter off your work jacket

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 02, 2008, 10:47:21 AM
Quote from: Rome on May 02, 2008, 10:41:18 AM
blah, blah, blah.  14,130 is a disgrace.  that's what, six THOUSAND below capacity for basketball?

make all the excuses you want but there's no disputing the fact that they were 70% full last night for the deciding game of a playoff series.  the sixers are a distant fourth in popularity, period.

yup...and I don't care if they took the city over in 2000. They had the most exciting player in the NBA who also happened to be the MVP that season...not to mention the role players were hard working lunch pale guys which you know this city loves.

it was partly iverson but it was mostly the fact that they won almost 60 games and were the second best team in the entire league...this team was under 500 and playing a team almost every thought they would get crushed by...they saw the last two and half games leading up to last night and knew what was up...and they lost by 30 proving the intelligence of the fans...i give credit to them for knowing whats coming and not going...and if the sixers win the division next year or win 50 games then sellouts will be everywhere...just out of curiousity since i know you consider yourself a big sixer fan did you go?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Quote from: rjs246 on May 02, 2008, 10:49:42 AM
The NBA sucks. The sooner everyone accepts that the happier you'll all be.

i accepted it years ago.  that's why i'm a magic fan.  i couldn't care less if they win or lose, but when the flyers aren't on, the phillies are out of season and the eagles aren't playing, i have to have something to distract me from the crushing boredom of living in this hell hole of a state - so i watch the magic.

and lol at reese.

phattymatty

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 02, 2008, 10:50:54 AM
Tell me your offseason plan. Re-signing iggy and giving it another go next season? No way that happens especially considering Miller is most likely a goner once next season is over.

i'll admit i haven't sat down and thought of a plan, i just don't see your rush to get rid of the most exciting player on the team to watch.  you've been saying it since the season started.  there are a lot of players in the league much worse making much more.

and what would you save the money for?  it's not like there's a top big man available.  maybe brand i guess. i would rather they didn't have so much invested in sammy and green, because i think they're both trash, but what can you do now.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 02, 2008, 10:53:43 AM
it was partly iverson but it was mostly the fact that they won almost 60 games and were the second best team in the entire league...this team was under 500 and playing a team almost every thought they would get crushed by...they saw the last two and half games leading up to last night and knew what was up...and they lost by 30 proving the intelligence of the fans...i give credit to them for knowing whats coming and not going...and if the sixers win the division next year or win 50 games then sellouts will be everywhere...just out of curiousity since i know you consider yourself a big sixer fan did you go?

you just applauded a fan base for being front-running bandwagoners who are more concerned with a winning team than they are following a team win or lose.

well done.

ice grillin you

its unbelievable how much people who dont like the nba feel as tho they have to scream it to the whole world

Quote from: Rome on May 02, 2008, 10:56:48 AM
that's why i'm a magic fan. 

ha...that never gets old

hunt

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 29, 2008, 10:19:22 PM
was a fun season while it lasted.

re-sign lou williams
sign and trade using Iggy for a PF
Thad goes to the 3

also, get some guys who can shoot the damn ball.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Rome

where did you sit at the game last night, dook?

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on May 02, 2008, 11:03:16 AM
where did you sit at the game last night, dook?

sorry i live in md and can only make it up to philly for two games a week...so im going to phils and flyers this weekend...enjoy the magic series tho

phattymatty

Quote from: hunt on May 02, 2008, 11:01:49 AM

isn't it sad that this guy could have made a huge difference in the series?

Rome

if you were a real fan nothing would stand in your way of supporting your favorite team.  and they are your favoritest, right?

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 02, 2008, 10:53:43 AM
just out of curiousity since i know you consider yourself a big sixer fan did you go?

Did I go lastnight? No. I went to 4 regular season games this season.

As far as the 2000 run I always thought the build up to that season and the 17-0 start had a big influence on why the city embraced that team. Bottom line is the Sixers can't sell out a playoff team while the Flyers can sell the building out even when they're the worst team in the league. Call Flyers fans blind homers or whatever you want but they're the more popular team in Philly.

hunt

Quote from: phattymatty on May 02, 2008, 11:07:50 AM
Quote from: hunt on May 02, 2008, 11:01:49 AM

isn't it sad that this guy could have made a huge difference in the series?

he would've helped with his outside shooting but would've killed them in so many other ways.  imagine kk guarding prince or rip.  :paranoid
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

reese125

Where AI would of severely helped is breaking down the first defender and dishing it out. The forever problem is who the hell is going to shoot it?

Granted they were playing the Pistons, but you still have to have the ability to beat the first defender and either dish it in the post on the drive or pass it out. Miller can not do that--and that hurts everyone else's ability

Miller has 3 facets to his game--runs the fast break, passes it from the perimeter, and throws the oop. (For the record, he had the most shots of any Sixer in the playoffs--obviously not good for a PG)

Look at Chris Paul, Deron Williams and Tony Parker--all can kill the defender off the dribble and find their guy. Its huge--especially in the playoffs where it is predominantly a half-court press.

ice grillin you

the top three lead guards in the nba can take people off the dribble??...no wai!

andre took people off the dribble all year with no problem...he even was in the lane a good amount this series...he just couldnt shoot...and thats because they were playing a dominant team who knows how to help defend and defend in general

andres problem is he cant finish at the basket...he can get by people but to score he has to pull up in the lane...which isnt the worst thing on this team because they have plenty of finishers...but bottom line is they need to start their search for their future point...still burns me that they took carney over rondo in 2006