07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on April 28, 2008, 09:58:47 PM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on April 28, 2008, 09:56:29 PM
Im the angriest i've been after a win in a very long time

That feeling has already passed for me, but that's exactly how I felt after the game ended. Not at the refs, mind you, but at how awful the Flyers were for the last 20 minutes. 2 shots in the third period? Give me a farging break.

see the reason the flyers played so awful is because of the conspiracy

but for real im not worried about the flyers as long as they win because you gotta believe montreal is not as much better than the flyers as they have showed...and hopefully the flyers put together 60 minutes (shtein ill take 40 minutes) and win a game they deserve to win...im also encouraged at how bad price has been

Quote from: phillymic2000 on April 28, 2008, 10:00:06 PM
Wow igy you watched the pre-game with that comment. Their interior defense has been above what I saw in the few regular season games. And you got me i have not  been following the 76ers thread. But your doom and gloom on the flyers has been funny, looks like your going to be wrong on both series :-D dooook

my exact (non) prediction for this series....OMG DOOM AND GLOOM!...

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 23, 2008, 08:48:29 AM
all depends on the 20 year old goalie...he looked like patrick roy last series early and in game seven and like roman cechmanek in the middle of the series

if hes terrible all series it could be flyers in seven

if hes average its canadiens in six

if hes great its canadiens in 4 or 5
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phillymic2000

QuoteDon't be an idiot. They managed a whole 15 shots tonight. They have been opportunistic and Biron has been great. But watch 10 minutes of any of the three games and you will be able to tell who the better team is. I enjoy the fact that the Flyers are scoring once every 7 times they get a shot on net, but that shtein can't, and won't, last.

They were on the PK for how long tonight? they killed a 5 on 3 and before they went on the 5 min major they were handling eveything the habs sent at them. and how many times have they blown a lead and lost? buck up trooper

Seabiscuit36

Havas i invite you to enjoy a night of hockey at the Thomas house, plenty of placenta juice for everyone
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

Quote from: SunMo on April 28, 2008, 09:52:44 PM
the issue isn't with the penalties being called its the non-calls on the canadiens. 

how do you go through a hockey game and have one team have that many more penalites than the other?  the habs are a physical team so it's not they are a bunch of Romes like the pens. 

its a joke and to simply pass it off as stupid conspiracy theorists is being retarded.

the flyers had double the amount of penalty minutes called on them not including the 10 minute misconduct on hatch.

double.  at home.  in the playoffs.

absurd beyond belief.

rjs246

Quote from: phillymic2000 on April 28, 2008, 10:06:07 PM
QuoteDon't be an idiot. They managed a whole 15 shots tonight. They have been opportunistic and Biron has been great. But watch 10 minutes of any of the three games and you will be able to tell who the better team is. I enjoy the fact that the Flyers are scoring once every 7 times they get a shot on net, but that shtein can't, and won't, last.

They were on the PK for how long tonight? they killed a 5 on 3 and before they went on the 5 min major they were handling eveything the habs sent at them. and how many times have they blown a lead and lost? buck up trooper

Hey, I'm thrilled. But don't think for a second that the Flyers have been the better team so far. a 2-1 lead has a lot more to do with Price vs. Biron than with anything else.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

Well, better play for the goalie is just as, if not more important then better play from the team so...farg it, Flyers are up 2-1 on the #1 seed, with a very young team, lets just roll with it.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

phillymic2000

QuoteQuote from: ice grillin you on April 23, 2008, 07:48:29 AM
all depends on the 20 year old goalie...he looked like patrick roy last series early and in game seven and like roman cechmanek in the middle of the series

:-D holy ish way to go out on a limb, you covered almost every scenario nice job :yay

Rome

the series very well could be 3-0 flyers right now if not for a farged up power play given to the canadiens at the end of the first game.  don't tell me the officiating hasn't been biased and putrid, dude.  it has.  a lot.

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on April 28, 2008, 10:08:12 PM

Hey, I'm thrilled. But don't think for a second that the Flyers have been the better team so far. a 2-1 lead has a lot more to do with Price vs. Biron than with anything else.

someone show me a bad call on the flyers or a blatant non call on montreal.....the reason montreal got less penalty minutes is cause they were in the offensive zone the entire game and had the flyers running around all nite...when that happens you dont take many penalties you dont ever need to....flyers start playing better and get more of the game in their offensive zone theyll get more man advantages

phillymic2000

Quote from: Munson on April 28, 2008, 10:09:27 PM
Well, better play for the goalie is just as, if not more important then better play from the team so...farg it, Flyers are up 2-1 on the #1 seed, with a very young team, lets just roll with it.

rollin wit it

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 28, 2008, 10:13:10 PM
Quote from: rjs246 on April 28, 2008, 10:08:12 PM

someone show me a bad call on the flyers or a blatant non call on montreal.....the reason montreal got less penalty minutes is cause they were in the offensive zone the entire game and had the flyers running around all nite...when that happens you dont take many penalties you dont ever need to....flyers start playing better and get more of the game in their offensive zone theyll get more man advantages
look at the flyers PP in the third, puck gets dumped in, RJ going up the boards clearly interefered with no call. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Quote from: phillymic2000 on April 28, 2008, 10:10:45 PM
QuoteQuote from: ice grillin you on April 23, 2008, 07:48:29 AM

:-D holy ish way to go out on a limb, you covered almost every scenario nice job :yay

make up your mind....did i cover every scenario or was i all doom and gloom like you first said...im not here to be right or wrong on predictions...i call shtein like i see it and the flyers in my mind had a chance if price played bad...he certainly has and they certainly do

now move along and root against the sixers some more

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: SunMo on April 28, 2008, 09:52:44 PM
the issue isn't with the penalties being called its the non-calls on the canadiens. 

how do you go through a hockey game and have one team have that many more penalites than the other?  the habs are a physical team so it's not they are a bunch of Romes like the pens. 

its a joke and to simply pass it off as stupid conspiracy theorists is being retarded.

yup

somebody tell me the last time a team had a 2 minute 5-3 AND a 5 minute major in the same playoff game. I'll bet its happened under 10 times in the long history of hockey. Aside from grabbing a stick and throwing on a Habs jersey the refs had way too big of an influence in this game. Let me reiterate what I said the first 2 games, the Canadians ARE NOT THAT GOOD. They barely beat an inferior Bruins team and the Caps gave the Flyers more problems than they are. The mvp has been Biron and the goat has been Price. Goaltending is the most important position in any of the 4 major sports come playoff time. Biron probably gets a shutout if there isn't a 5 minute major.

Seabiscuit36

i love Hatch by the way, talking about the hit he said:  "first was told he was gettin 2 for boarding, then they scream 5 and a misconduct for blood."  "If I would have known it was 5, I wouldn't have let up"

Rome

again, the flyers should be leading this shtein 3-0.  i can't understand why others are saying the canadiens are that much better than the flyers, though.  maybe they are but they sure as hell haven't played that way thus far.