07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

clement's not really a homer, he calls it pretty fair...he leans towards the Flyers and definitely roots for them, but when talking about penalties and stuff like that he's pretty objective
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Munson

Yeah I just mean he Tony Siragusa's it up some times with the "oo!"s and stuff....but he is objective otherwise.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Munson on April 24, 2008, 08:49:36 AM
Biscuit, I thought you lived in Newark...do they not get CSN down there? It's only 20 minutes away give or take....

And yeah, IGY, Clement's been doing the Philly TV broadcasts. Total homer but still good.
Nah, just across the line in Elkton.  We dont get philly CSN, its bullshtein. 

Clement is very objective, sure he gets riled up at some bullshtein calls, but he never steps over the line. 

The lineup now of Jackson/Clement is really impressive, and if they got Jonesy on the ice, i think thats an ideal lineup
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on April 24, 2008, 08:48:50 AM
you'd rather have the cbc douches than jackson/clement?

wtf?

cbc is a much better telecast...clement makes it a decision as he is one of best (and hes not a homer at all munson) but the rest of the flyer broadcasters are hacks
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

clement's a great color guy.  i'd probably think differently if i wasn't a flyers fan, though.  buffalo fans like rick jenerette and i'd rather cram ice picks in my ears than listen to that cock gobbler.

i can't stand the cbc idiots, though.  their pro-canadian bias is sickening. 

Munson

Damn, that is some bullshtein. At least you're only about 5 minutes away from a bar or household that gets it then.

Speaking of Newark, I was there this past Saturday night...the line for KlondikeKates was ridiculous, probably because of the warm weather. But judging by the sluts in line I won't have a problem waiting in it once I hit 21 :yay

No more Coatsy's Corner? What will Flyers games be without it......

IGY-Like I said was I just referring to how he lets the "oo!'s" and stuff slip out sometimes....for some reason it just seems unprofessional to me. But otherwise, yes he's great, drops some awesome knowledge, and is objective like Mo said when it comes to the penalties and such. How can you not like Jim Jackson??
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on April 24, 2008, 09:01:02 AM
clement's a great color guy.  i'd probably think differently if i wasn't a flyers fan, though.  buffalo fans like rick jenerette and i'd rather cram ice picks in my ears than listen to that cock gobbler.

i can't stand the cbc idiots, though.  their pro-canadian bias is sickening. 

for some reason the canadian guys are cute tho...almost like caricatures...so their bias which is amazing doesnt really bother me and i can live with it to get a great broadcast

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

I was going to point that out but figured it had to be some form of IGY lingo that I haven't caught onto yet. I hope.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i like when they rip dooks senator jersey off and someone just goes WHOO HOO!!

rjs246

Why are those black people speaking french? Color me confused.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

BigEd76

Quote from: rjs246 on April 24, 2008, 09:15:39 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 24, 2008, 09:11:11 AM

for some reason the canadian guys are cute tho...

What the farg?

i think he's talking about the floppy heads and beady eyes

Seabiscuit36

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on April 24, 2008, 01:20:12 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUQo4b1wabs

lol

ha

Briere was asked what was the best part about game 7 and he said "after the goal was scored cheering with my team mates then looking up and seeing all the shocked faces in the crowd and knowing they had to sit there and watch us celebrate" what a little corksucker haha.