07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

you care:

QuoteComcast SportsNet's coverage of last night's game seven of the Flyers-Capitals series made Comcast SportsNet the second-most watched program on either broadcast or cable, behind only ABC, in the Philadelphia market between 7 p.m. and 10:15 p.m. in overall households, and Comcast SportsNet was the top-rated network in several highly-sought advertising demographics including persons aged 18-49, males aged 18-34 and males aged 25-54. Comcast SportsNet's Flyers coverage out-rated FOX's powerhouse American Idol from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. and ABC's perennial success Dancing with the Stars from 9 p.m. to 10 p.m. in each of these categories.

Comcast SportsNet's Flyers coverage delivered an average household rating of 8.5 (252,000 households) and peaked with an 11.5 rating (342,000 households) from 10 p.m. to 10:15 p.m. when the Flyers clinched the series in overtime. At that time Comcast SportsNet was the most watched network in the Philadelphia market.

Comcast SportsNet's post game coverage, Flyers Post Game Live, drew a 3.0 rating (89,000 households), a 200% increase over regular season post game ratings.

The five games of the quarterfinal series against the Capitals, airing on Comcast SportsNet, averaged a 6.2 rating (184,000 households).  Comcast SportsNet's regular season Flyers coverage averaged a 2.2 rating, a 47% increase over last season.

im guessing these numbers arent even close to what the phils and sixers have put up, because there is no mention of this being one of the higher rated broadcasts ever.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

MDS

198,000 homes. no viewer numbers. 5.6 rating in dc, 3.6 in bodymore. peak numbers at 945-1000 qtr, 8.6 in dc, 5.1 in bodymore.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

is the game tonight not on in the states?

Rome

It's on at the Oyster Pub.  Catch a plane down this afternoon.  I'll buy the drinks.

ice grillin you

come on dooks you dont think i get the nhl package?

but i dont see it on versus...seems funny to me that this game would not be on anywhere but philadelphia

Rome

It's on CBC only.  Versus has the Wings/Avalanche butta joint on.

ice grillin you

should be some good anti american hate going on tonight

Rome

montreal's a pretty cool city, actually.  too bad it's infested with thousands of filthy french wannabe's.

Seabiscuit36

yep, plenty of booing of the National Anthem i would think.  I cant wait for this shtein.  IGY im hoping that we get the philly broadcast for this.  Luckily i dont think we'll be stuck with RDS the frog broadcast
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i mean the announcers...i love most of the guys on cbc but when its a canadian team vs an american team in the playoffs they get nutty....unseen levels of bias

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on April 24, 2008, 08:43:43 AM
yep, plenty of booing of the National Anthem i would think.  I cant wait for this shtein.  IGY im hoping that we get the philly broadcast for this.  Luckily i dont think we'll be stuck with RDS the frog broadcast

id actually rather have the cbc feed...they are far superior announcers...or is clement doing the flyer playoff games?...cause hes as good as those guys up north

Rome

you'd rather have the cbc douches than jackson/clement?

wtf?

Munson

Biscuit, I thought you lived in Newark...do they not get CSN down there? It's only 20 minutes away give or take....

And yeah, IGY, Clement's been doing the Philly TV broadcasts. Total homer but still good.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds