07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

Seabiscuit36

This team lacks a sense of urgency and the need to step on throats.  Up 2-0 they look like their up 9-0. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phillymic2000

Quote from: Wingspan on April 21, 2008, 09:48:52 PM
Sunshine and rainbows?

Partly cloudy  and a pissed off/on Leprechaun   :boom

Rome

The other home team won 5-0 tonight to close out its series.  If you can't defend the home ice you don't deserve to move on.

phillymic2000

Quote from: Rome on April 21, 2008, 09:59:24 PM
The other home team won 5-0 tonight to close out its series.  If you can't defend the home ice you don't deserve to move on.

Well we will see tomorrow night, we win by the way.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: phillymic2000 on April 21, 2008, 10:03:20 PM

I like the optimism but I'm seeing a 5-2 Caps win type game.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phillymic2000

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 21, 2008, 10:04:22 PM
Quote from: phillymic2000 on April 21, 2008, 10:03:20 PM

I like the optimism but I'm seeing a 5-2 Caps win type game.

Come on don't go all igy on us.

Rome

I have no confidence in this team at all now.  They've pissed away too many leads in this series starting with game 1 and now this game.    I still hope they'll win, obviously, but the momentum is now completely on Washington's side and they're going home to possibly clinch.  Anyone who doesn't think the Caps have it wrapped up is a unicorn fluffer at this point.

phillymic2000

What i do with my unicorn is my business mister.

and sorry for trying to be positive about the sitiation ;)

BigEd76

I saw nothing in the postgame that makes me think this team is going to show up tomorrow.  They're dead.

Seabiscuit36

its amazing to go from how they started to where they are now. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

Why is it that surprising?  The Flyers have been horribly inconsistent all season.  Dominate one stretch, then lose 10 straight.

I think it gets ugly tomorrow.  Something like 8-1.  Buffalo bad.

I hope I'm wrong, but this team is cooked.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 21, 2008, 10:15:23 PM
I saw nothing in the postgame that makes me think this team is going to show up tomorrow.  They're dead.

According to the Caps announcers the Flyers fear the "sea of red" and the "7th man" down in Washington because they don't want to face the fierce and great Caps fans in a game 7.

Dumbasses.

MDS

they hosers didnt sell out game 5.

in the least, this is a win-win. flyers win, then great. flyers lose, then igy gets to feel like absolute shtein in a sea of bandwagon caps fans.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.