07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Playing the Devils=4 home games for New Jersey=Flyers have 0 chance
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Geowhizzer

Personally, I don't see much of a chance for the Flyers aganist any of those three.

QB Eagles

The Devils can't be seeded higher than #4 and the Flyers can't be seeded higher than #6, so there is no chance of the Flyers playing the Devils in the first round.

The possibilities are the Penguins, the Canadiens, the Caps, and the Canes.

Rome

The Flyers owned the Penguins several times this season.  They can't compete with Montreal's speed and the Caps are the hottest team in the NHL right now.  Don't want them even a little.  I think the Canes are done, personally, which is sad only in that FF won't be able to use his season ticket playoff strip.

SD_Eagle5

Who I'd prefer:
1. Pens
2. Devils
3. Habs

The Flyers can hang with the Pens, they've done so all year with the exception of the 7-1 debacle. I want no part of Marty in the playoffs, and as bad as the Flyers have been against the Devils the Habs just completely dominate them and are my pick to go to the Cup.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Romey roots for the Lightning in between sipping mint julips.

PhillyGirl

Saying the Flyers played better  BECAUSE Briere didn't play is asinine IGY. Just stop.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

Downie played great last night, he's so strong on the boards, and like usual, controls himself when he gets to playoff time.  Sami not being on the ice made this team better. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

Upshall reminded me of Adam Sandler in Happy Gilmore lastnight

ice grillin you

upshall played out of his friggin mind last night...where the hell has that been all year....you could tell after his first shift that he was playing like he didnt wanna be scratched again...he keeps this up he could be an x factor in the playoffs

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 05, 2008, 10:25:31 AM
Saying the Flyers played better  BECAUSE Briere didn't play is asinine IGY. Just stop.

im not saying i wouldnt rather have briere in the lineup over a five minute a game bum like downie but briere is so hideous physically and defensively that he hurts how strong the team plays...hes just not a fox hole type guy...hed never have a game like upshall did last night...at the same time he has to play as hes one of the few players with any offensive skill on the team...i hope im wrong but i expect briere to disappear in the playoffs
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: Rome on April 05, 2008, 01:31:56 AM
There is so much wrong with the post above I really don't know where to begin mocking it.

hockey is a sport for stupid canadians and pasty white people
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Boston lost, Washington won, and Montreal won. Therefore:

The Penguins need a win tomorrow to get the #1 seed in the conference.

The Canes are done.

If the Flyers win, they get the #6 seed and the Caps. If they lose, they get the #8 seed and the Penguins.

QB Eagles

In fact, the Flyers-Penguins game is now the key to the rest of the seedings. The #4/#5 game is going to be Rangers vs. Devils and their game tomorrow will only determine which is #4. Every other seed is affected by the Flyers game.

If the Flyers win:

#1 Montreal vs. #8 Boston
#2 Pittsburgh vs. #7 Ottawa
#3 Washington vs. #6 Philadelphia

If the Flyers lose:

#1 Pittsburgh vs. #8 Philadelphia
#2 Montreal vs. #7 Boston
#3 Washington vs. #6 Ottawa