07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

yep, Stevens actually bitched up a storm after the game.  He sat Upshall for a while after that thinking it was his fault, but then realized that the VanMassenfarginuphoven completely missed that it was 4on5 hockey
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on March 05, 2008, 10:22:55 AM
Quote from: BigEd76 on March 05, 2008, 10:02:36 AM
Anyone catch the replays of that 3rd goal?  Buffalo had 5 guys on the ice in a 4-on-4 for at least 10 seconds and none of the refs saw it

I'm shocked they didn't talk about it on here. It was as blatant as the offsides on the Islanders.  The guy streaking down the ice was the 5th guy....who came off the bench and scored on a farging breakaway...illegally.

bad call but the pass went right to where coburn should have been...no excuses

plus they got run out of the building in the third period...it wasnt like that play took place in OT and they lost by one
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

what the farg are you TALKING ABOUT?

The pass went to where there should have been NO ONE since there was a 5th guy who SNUCK ON THE ICE. How the farg is Coburn supposed to be covering a guy who isn't even supposed to be on the ice?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

watch the game again....umburger dumps the puck in for a line change and for some inexplicable reason coburn goes full bore all the way into the zone and behind the net

buffalo comes back down and timonen is back there on the left side and theres a gaping hole to his right where coburn should have been...maybe buffalo still has an advantage but its not a clear break because coburn would have broken up the pass...maybe its a 3 on 2 instead

either way whining about it is for losers

PhillyGirl

Again, the pass goes to NO ONE if there wasn't a 5th guy on the ice. It goes into the corner and played by Biron.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

yeah because no team has ever tried to slip a player behind the defense for a breakway...it ONLY happens when you throw an extra man on the ice

look it was a bad call but a worse play by coburn...even without an extra man at 4 on 4 it would have been trouble on that play...and the extra man was on the ice for nine seconds...it wasnt like they sent him off the bench specifically to take advantage of coburns blunder...he was out there and was able to get wide open because of coburn

PhillyGirl

Jesus, IGY...are you really that stupid? Coburn wasn't looking to be there (or anyone else for that matter) because it was a FOUR ON FOUR AND THEY SNUCK A 5TH GUY ON THE ICE.

Ugh, nevermind...you're asinine sometimes.

ice grillin you

did they sneak him on or was he on for ten seconds?

ill make a deal and not blame coburn if we can blame 20 flyer players and three coaches for not knowing the other team had a 5th player on the ice for ten seconds

PhillyGirl

While the play was going on in the Sabres zone, he came off the bench and streaked down the ice for the pass.

SD_Eagle5

Bottom line is the Flyers came out flat in 3rd...its not like it was a one goal game

PhillyGirl

Thanks Mike...that's not the issue we're arguing about though. We both know that.

ice grillin you

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 05, 2008, 11:28:13 AM
plus they got run out of the building in the third period...it wasnt like that play took place in OT and they lost by one

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyGirl on March 05, 2008, 12:14:59 PM
Thanks Mike...that's not the issue we're arguing about though. We both know that.

yes but you're arguing over something that had little to no bearing on the outcome of the game...guess I'm more interested in pointing out the flaws of the team and not the refs

Munson

Well if you want to argue that Mo' has anything to do with a game, then that illegal goal not counting could have very well turned the whole tide of the game.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

except that in buffalo a week ago the flyers came back from three goals down...momentum didnt change they got owned the entire third period