07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

I'm the same way about Richards IGY.  Honestly i really like the makeup of a lot of players on this team.  Eager is a farging beast, he made sutherby turtle like a bitch.  Even the Laughlin the Caps announcer said "Eager made him eat a bowl of lefts", last year Eager would have never switched arms like he does now fighting. 

Lupul is damn special.  The grit he plays with combined with his scoring ability is sick.  He's much better than i remembered. 

Cote isnt afraid to mix it up.  He wanted Brash all night long, at one point screaming to Brash "I'll GO" like 4 or 5 times.  He's not a heavyweight, and his hockey ability is limited but he has a great attitude that other guys feed off of. 

Kukkonen might be my favorite defenseman.  Its a tough pick between Coburn who is the fastest big guy i've probably seen, and Lasse who just plays a great defensive game blocking shots and taking great angles to break up plays
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on November 03, 2007, 12:37:55 PM
Lupul is damn special.  The grit he plays with combined with his scoring ability is sick.  He's much better than i remembered. 

Lupul should be moved up to the first line in Knuble's place. Knuble is way to slow to keep up with Briere.

Gagne given the greenlight, will play Monday vs. the Rangers

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

The fact that the Flyers don't suck this year makes me feel very happy this morning.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

It makes me feel slightly less suicidal after watching the Eagles wire hangar abortion last night.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Gagne's back, so is Jones

let's go only respectable team in the city!
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

PoopyfaceMcGee

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 05, 2007, 10:18:16 AM

Love it.

Even better would be Reid's face with that on it.

No wait, I'd rather NEVER see Reid's face again.  :boom
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

SD_Eagle5

Lots of 'Lets Go Flyers' chants when I left in the 3rd quarter

PoopyfaceMcGee

SunMo

so did i...why should i put in the effort when they aren't
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.