07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

the guy's name is patrice.  he deserved it.

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

these people are such idiots...the flyers have always been known as a tough team that would beat your face in in a fight....all these plays have been cheap and/or dirty....to compare these current day douchebags to the broad street bullies and all the tough flyer players that followed (cochrane - brown - stanley - tocchet ect...) is a friggin insult
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Flyers are basically done now 5-1 Habs.  Seriously worst called game i've ever seen. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

ah the flyers whiners return. they are getting killed against the frenchies and its the refs fault.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on November 01, 2007, 10:18:26 PM
Flyers are basically done now 5-1 Habs.  Seriously worst called game i've ever seen. 

The "trip" against Briere may be the worst single call I've ever seen, as Briere's stick never made contact.

I'm just disappointed that not a single Canadian player was either killed or maimed.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on November 01, 2007, 10:23:17 PM
ah the flyers whiners return. they are getting killed against the frenchies and its the refs fault.

You supposedly don't watch hockey, yet you're in here all the time.

Get a girlfriend or a blow-up doll or something.

Rome

They played like they had dried cement in their skates all night.

Worst I've seen from this bunch since last year.  Yeah, the injuries are starting to catch up with them, but still, they not only got out-played, they also got out-hustled and that simply can't happen.  Ever.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on November 01, 2007, 10:50:35 PM
They played like they had dried cement in their skates all night.

Worst I've seen from this bunch since last year.  Yeah, the injuries are starting to catch up with them, but still, they not only got out-played, they also got out-hustled and that simply can't happen.  Ever.

They've played like that quite a few times this year.  Problem is, they don't have Gagne, and Biron is showing signs of cooling off.

SD_Eagle5

The phantom Briere call was a farging joke and the refs were horrible all night but the Flyers played like ass and would have lost either way. Bad road trip so far.

Seabiscuit36

Without a doubt Romey.  They need Gagne back asap. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SD_Eagle on November 01, 2007, 11:19:09 PM
The phantom Briere call was a farging joke and the refs were horrible all night but the Flyers played like ass and would have lost either way. Bad road trip so far.

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

This game sucked.  Period.

Rome

The only thing worse than the Flyers play on the ice was the TSN crew announcing the game.  Horrendous beyond description.

And yeah, the Briere call was atrocious.  The penalty shot call was laughable too.  And I was in the bathroom when Smith went down and TSN never bothered to show a replay of how he got cut.  How did that happen??

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on November 01, 2007, 11:39:12 PM
The only thing worse than the Flyers play on the ice was the TSN crew announcing the game.  Horrendous beyond description.

And yeah, the Briere call was atrocious.  The penalty shot call was laughable too.  And I was in the bathroom when Smith went down and TSN never bothered to show a replay of how he got cut.  How did that happen??

He was hit by a stick, but it was on the follow-through of a shot, so no penalty.