07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Umberger should be back as early as tomorrow, Upshall in 3 weeks  :yay
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BigEd76

Flyers are apparently playing Hartford tonight

SD_Eagle5

4-1 Flyers in the first (Carter, Umberger, Briere, Gagne). Nice start.

BigEd76

igy's favorite goalie was pulled from the game after 1 period

Curtis Sanford in for the 2nd....Lupul scores  :-D

5-1

Now Vancouver adds a PPG....5-2

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

Holy shtein this is a great game, upshall was hilarious
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BigEd76

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

Briere might look like a kid who got raped on Law and Order SVU, but he plays better than i ever thought.  His combo of shooting/scoring ablity with his playmaking ability is just amazing.  IGY i hope you stayed up for this game tonight. 

The PK seriously needs work, the PP is working on both lines now. 

phillymic2000

BigEd76

CSN says Briere is the first player in Flyers history to have 2 or more points in each of his first 3 games of the season.

Geowhizzer

I'm getting no sleep tonight, but this is an excellent game!

BigEd76

After this game, the Flyers only leave the Eastern timezone one more time the rest of the year (early December at Minnesota and Colorado)

Uh oh...Canuck down....Kesler (who Clarke tried to sign a couple of years ago) just got killed by Boulerice

Seabiscuit36

same here geo, but its worth it.  Luckily i'm finishing out my last 2 days of work before heading to a new area.

farg Ryan Keslar 

Geowhizzer

Boulerice will be doing time with Steve Downie.  Bad hit.