2007 Fantasy Football Who To Start Thread

Started by ice grillin you, September 06, 2007, 10:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

phillips claims he was under center during the portion of practice that the media wasnt allowed to view...them being all sneaky about this doesnt give me warm and fuzzies about romo
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

When all else fails, go with reese's opinion.

ice grillin you

this is true...i was all out of sorts when he said go with "your gut" because im so used to going with his gut

reese125

actually, Id rather you not so I can blast it in your mug when you dont...but thats just me. So, you both can go farg your mothers

Go Big Ben

PoopyfaceMcGee

The important thing is that whichever player he does not play will have the better game.

ice grillin you

^^^^
winner

anyway big ben is locked and loaded

phattymatty

good choice.  he's due for one of his patented 150 yard, 5 TD games.

ice grillin you

ha...thats exactly what i was thinking

i saw some stat about how he hasnt thrown for more than 200 yards in seven weeks

he has 29 touchdowns and only 2800 yards passing

pretty weird year

MDS

snow/wind expected for buffalo on sunday....

do i keep evans in there or go with derrick mason at seattle or new pickup david patten against the team from snorkeling
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i have an evans decision as well and im not playing him after what happened last week

with the weather its a no brainer but mason is a better play even if the buffalo weather was good

phattymatty

Quote from: phattymatty on December 20, 2007, 04:54:46 PM
good choice.  he's due for one of his patented 150 yard, 5 TD games.

so not quite this many points but close enough.

i threw a hundy on the over and was 2 points away by halftime.

PhillyPhanInDC

I'm thinking about breaking one of the unwritten rules of Fantasy Football in my money league championship. I've got to pick two RBs:

Kolby Smith @ DET
Jones-Drew vs. OAK
Fred Taylor vs. OAK
Portis @ MIN

I'm probably going with Kolby Smith vs. DET and MJD vs. OAK. It's a PPR league, and MJD cathces passes, and gets all the goal line looks. Even with Taylor being hot, MJD is pretty much going to get me 15 points each week. Taylor has been churning out yards, but he isn't a TD machine also he's caught a grand total of two passes in the last four games. I'm really cotemplating starting both Taylor and MJD against Oakland's piss poor run defense.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Sgt PSN

This is quite possibly the first time that I would think that's a good idea too.  Portis isn't going to do much against Minn.  If anyone on the Skins roster has success running the ball I think it'll be Betts. 

Kolby Smith has looked pretty good for KC and Detroit's defense is horrible but KC is so unreliable. 

You know that Jax is going to run.  It's what they do and both players will get plenty of touches.  As long as they don't make any freak plays in the passing game where a reciever breaks a long TD run after the catch you should be fine. 

PhillyPhanInDC

The only reason I'm even considering it is there no way Larry Johnson gets any touches. Kolby Smith is going to get at least 20 touches, and he banged out over 100 combined yards against an awesome Titans defense last week, with dick for a passing game threat.

If I start Kolby Smith and either Taylor or MJD my chances are good, if I start Taylor and MJD, I have a potentially bigger payoff, but it's a bigger gamble. farg farg.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Sgt PSN

It's a crap shoot either way you look at it.  But keep in mind that if you start MJD, Taylor will score all the points and vice versa.  That's just how it goes.  I think you're pretty much guaranteed about 30 combined points by starting both of them.  If you start MJD or FT with Smith then I'd say you should only expect about 20-22 points combined.