Beer Drinkers Challenge

Started by Father Demon, May 06, 2007, 04:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

nah, its pretty small.  All you do is sanitize the barrel that the kit comes with.  Boil water, add the beer kit can(it makes the wort) then add sugars/spices.  Let it cool, put it in the barrel and add yeast.  As soon as a week later you can bottle it.  Add sugar in the bottle with the beer to give you carbonation, and then wait a week.  It's not great Matty, but its not a bad beer either, i was surprised by my creation considering i just added random stuff to thier recipe
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Father Demon

I finished!

I went slumming over the weekend, drinking some of my neighbor's cheap beer that I usually avoid.  Also, I found it a miracle that I had gone that long without tasting some of these in drinking this many beers.

202. Budweiser  (the number 202 shows up twice because I forgot #42 in my list)
203. Old Milwaukee
204. Old Milwaukee Light
205. Miller High Life

Then, a few of others at my buddy's house, again over the weekend:

206. Guinness
207. Corona Light
208. Kona Wailua Wheat

And then I finished up at poker on Wednesday night with these.  I bought a couple 2x4's just to finish the list (the PBR and Keystone), plus a few other beers I bought for the holidays.  Add that to the homebrew my buddy brought, and it was 214!!

209. Keystone Ice
210. Pabst Blue Ribbon
211. Schlafly's Christmas Ale
212. Breckenridge Christmas Ale
213. Jeff's Homebrew – Brown Ale
214. Jeff's Homebrew - IPA

WOO-HOO!    I'd like to say I'm beer'd out from all of this and I'll take a break, but with Christmas next week, I have a ton of beer in my fridge for those evenings.  Maybe I'll take that break after January 1st....

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Father Demon

Forgot to mention - I finished in 201 days, 13 days ahead of schedule.

Take THAT, liver!
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Phanatic

Well I got some Pale Ale's with your name on them...
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

hilarious but I don't think I could enjoy my drink

Diomedes

I could enjoy it if someone else paid.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger