The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i notice stuff after 10+ watches....its stupid shtein like seeing a street sign in season four where some shtein went down and it being the same street where snot boogie was killed....but you always get new stuff it seems no matter how many times you watch it

i also recommend reading homicide....its a great companion piece to the show
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Dillen

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 28, 2014, 03:03:14 PM
....its stupid shtein like seeing a street sign in season four where some shtein went down and it being the same street where snot boogie was killed....
Ha I actually caught this the first time.

The whole series just brings everything full circle. I farging love it. Towards the end of season 5 where they were doing groundbreaking for the new apartment complex and Nico starts yelling and cursing out the mayor about ruining the harbor was GOAT. Dude hadn't been a part of the show for 3 seasons and just shows up for those 2 minutes. Similar stuff with a bunch of other characters as well. Goddamn.

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

Nice read...wtf with people carrying razors in their mouth in the freeworld...that is some penitentiary shtein there

ice grillin you

no way

buck 50 yo....this was huge in nyc in the 80's and 90's

MDS

QuoteChrisBauer 30 points 22 hours ago
first of all, you can obviously write, so i'm not surprised you were affected by 'the wire'. frank sobotka was a real interesting combo of intuitive conjuring and just flawless authorship. thank you for the compliment but i've never been so uninvolved in the evolution of a character. to my mind, david simon, george pelicans, ed burns, rafael alvarez, etc. wrote that season with such a restless devotion to the baltimore waterfront and its inhabitants that all you had to do was tune it in, like a radio station. i just got the hell out of the way and let it unfold. i think for my part i really related to a guy who had fully absorbed working for others as an ethic, but was not raised in a world with much moral sophistication. and as a stubborn pragmatist, he had a plan and stuck to it. but what was exciting was that he had enough access to a sense of soul that he was not blind to the consequences of his actions. he suffered. as far as ziggy's mom goes, i think i recall her in the recesses of my imagination as a sort of pilled out smoker, agoraphobic who never left the flat. he lived like a widower, but she was very much alive. toward the end of the season when Ziggy is in jail, frank says 'leave your mom out of this', and Zig says 'oh, she's out of it, don't worry'. how good is that writing?????? that scene with james ransone btw is my favorite scene i've ever done. it was two ugly people drowning in their human-ness. and yeah, parks and recreation was a hoot. i was out of my league. if they don't ask me to cry or punch someone, what am i supposed to do?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

ive been on record for years as saying frank was the single best character in the history of tv and season 2 is right there as the goat.....thats not to say hes my favorite wire guy but bauers performance (which he humbly passes off) is just other worldly good

and yes the toombs visiting room scene is as good as it gets in movies or tv

SunMo

i was watching that episode this morning and i stopped it right before that scene because i didn't want to be depressed the rest of the day
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

wow when he walks back into the belly of the beast.....it feels like your own son or best friend is doing it

ice grillin you

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Dillen

Sabatka is on True Blood....

also this is the only 5 minutes I've seen of this show and it is god awful (breaking news right)

ice grillin you

youd be better off watching "the divide" which is an anti death penalty series with frankie on it