2007 Flyers Offseason Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, April 10, 2007, 06:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on July 02, 2007, 12:04:02 PM
the cap # is the average amount per year of the deal.

i actually don't know of any benefit for the team front loading the contract
i dont think there is at this time.  I think they are preparing the contracts now like this in hopes that the NHL adopts a NFL like way of adding up salaries. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

I think the benefit is to the player and it may have been a deciding factor for Briere. Money up front is always preferable.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

it doesn't really matter though, the contracts are all guarenteed
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Wingspan

Giving a 30 year old an 8 year, no trade contract is always a good idea.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

rjs246

Right, but just everyday-schmo economics says that money in hand is better and more valuable than future money. He could invest that upfront money and turn it into more money... blah blah blah.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

ice grillin you

the best part of the last 48 hrs is the realization that the  nhl cap doesnt hurt big market teams like the flyers

the worst part is how many people are shteinting on pitkanen for having a down year on an equally awful team and completely forgetting his two previous years which were very very good for his age and after coming over from europe

it amazing to me how people will overrate every single unknown player on the flyers from coburn to upshall to picard...but the one young player whos actually done something in the league and hgolds the biggest upside everyone is glad that hes traded
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Let it go, IGY.

Joni's gone and he's not coming back.  EVER.

;)

ice grillin you

i will not

i will hold on to my prediction that he will one day win a norris and i will never let go of it.....EVER

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 02, 2007, 08:35:34 PM
the worst part is how many people are shteinting on pitkanen for having a down year on an equally awful team and completely forgetting his two previous years which were very very good for his age and after coming over from europe

I wanted to keep Pitkanen, sure he had a zesty year but few defenseman can move the puck like he can. Not to mention, we now have Timonen who can bring it up the ice and ? Kukkonen and Coburn are average but the rest are drones. What we received in return is better than what was initially being reported but a young winger with potential and a solid defensive defenseman who's a good character guy aren't equal to the talent that Joni has. It just wasn't happening for him here.

ice grillin you

i dont agree but at least i can see your point of view in defendiung what they got in return but how can you possibly say that its not happening here for him...he had two really good years and one bad year...is it not happening here for richards or carter...or how about the 15 other players on the team last year that it wasnt happening for...i just dont get how you completely cast off a potential stud defenseman after a sub par year on what was the worst team in the nhl

PoopyfaceMcGee

I thought Mike Richards was "the gawd"...?

ice grillin you