2007 Flyers Offseason Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, April 10, 2007, 06:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 18, 2007, 10:10:29 PM
jimmy rollins would eat ron hextall for lunch with his pimp spoon....ooooo i wear a scary mask and beat up other 5'8 145 hockey goalies...
just stop it

and hextall isnt nuts...have you ever seen or heard him off the ice...hes nuts when he has seven layers of protection and is fighting another goalie....thats just crazy dood

:-D :-D

Where can I buy one of these pimp spoons?

Hextall was on WIP a year or so ago and Cataldi was interviewing him. Angelo is like "so Ron, what are you up to these days we haven't heard much from ya" and he's like "Uhhhh, I work for the Flyers in the front office".

Cataldi looked like a douche

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 18, 2007, 10:26:46 PM
More like a sellout.

I still have my Hextall jersey.

Allow me to lay the trump card here that is my BRIAN BOUCHER jersey.  I win.

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 19, 2007, 04:44:31 AM
Cataldi looked like a douche

Hey... first time for everything, right?

Seabiscuit36

Ray Emery would kick everyones ass, end of story. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

I love Tocchet even more.  The smart thing is they didnt take bets on the NHL, then again what type of person has a gambling addiction so bad that they need to bet on hockey.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BigEd76

New Flyers official site:

http://flyers.nhl.com

They went uniform like MLB and NBA

BigEd76

Minor trade:  Matt Ellison to the Predators for future considerations

BigEd76

Supposedly there will be an announcement tomorrow that Joe Mullen (Phantoms) and Craig Berube (Flyers) will switch places on the coaching staffs. 

Also, the Ottawa Sun reported that if Forsberg returns to the NHL next season, it'll be with the Predators, Avalanche or Flyers.  The Flyers will not re-sign him though...

ice grillin you

jack mcilhargey was hired as an assitant....he played for the flyers back in the late 70's for three years maybe and was a maniac...i have some classic fights of his vs the isles..specifically nystrom and gillies...he wasnt a very good fighter but would go with anyone and was a lunatic

jack mack holla
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: BigEd76 on June 05, 2007, 11:32:24 PM
Supposedly there will be an announcement tomorrow that Joe Mullen (Phantoms) and Craig Berube (Flyers) will switch places on the coaching staffs. 

Also, the Ottawa Sun reported that if Forsberg returns to the NHL next season, it'll be with the Predators, Avalanche or Flyers.  The Flyers will not re-sign him though...
I would love to sign forsberg as a second liner for 2.5 mil 1 year deal.  Heck if he plays for Modo, and we're in playoff territory, i'd love to see him brought on specifically for the playoffs.  I'm not saying they're going to win a cup next year, but i'd spend the money on a 1 year deal for a player of his caliber.

ice grillin you

nitty cent inked to a two year deal today
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

thats good, i was kind of worried he was gonna stay in finland

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

Rumors out there that the Flyers may try to sign Thomas Vanek away from Buffalo.  If the Sabres don't match, the Flyers give up their #1, #2 and #3 picks in 2008.

It also looks like they've zeroed in on Kyle Turris with the #2 pick on Friday...

Seabiscuit36

QuoteEdmonton Oilers
Strengths: After adding three of the New York Islanders top prospects at the NHL trade deadline the Oilers' offensive prospects potential is at an all-time high. Andrew Cogliano finished eighth in NCAA scoring as a sophomore, Robert Nilsson led two AHL teams in scoring last season. Taylor Chorney, Jeff Petry, Tom Gilbert and Cody Wild are a few of the impressive puck-moving, offensive-minded blue liners in the system. Thanks to an incredible rash of injuries last season, the Oilers saw 14 rookies make their debut and gain valuable experience.
Weaknesses: The Oilers are heavy on the high risk/high reward spectrum, especially up front. Goaltenders in the system appear to be developing but none are sure-fire NHL starters. Some of the players who had a chance with the big club didn't perform as expected, and Rob Schremp's rookie season in the AHL was forgettable until the final month.
Top Five Prospects: Andrew Cogliano (C), Robert Nilsson (LW), Rob Schremp (C), Taylor Chorney (D), Marc Pouliot (C)
Key Graduates: Ladislav Smid, Matt Greene, Patrick Thoresen
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/9672
It depends what Edmonton would throw in.  They have 3 first round picks, and a talented group of young players.  Personally i would still hold onto Joni unless they get an offer that they could not refuse.  Joni is the ultimate reward or bust.  There is not any other young DMen with his offensive upside, but defensively he sucks.  He sucked last year and still has 43pts.  I keep thinking that the Joni we saw 2 years ago before his groin/hernia injury is the Joni that we will see.  The guy was dominant, seems to go with how the team goes.  When the team is playing well, he becomes that much more dangerous.  The downside to that is when the team is struggling he doest step up, or play smart.