2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on August 31, 2007, 09:03:16 PM
Wow - now I'm confused.  It says Ramirez scored even though Cabrera struck out.  Was it a wild pitch or did butterfingers Ruiz drop a third strike?

Wild pitch strikeout
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Don Ho

Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 31, 2007, 08:36:45 PM
Quote from: PPinDC on August 31, 2007, 08:03:24 PM
How is it this pitcher pegs three guys, including the opposing pitcher, in two innings, and doesn't get tossed?

Because NOBODY watches the Marlins...........including the umps. 

sounds like there's 6 people in attendance tonight.  time to move this team to Las Vegas or Portland, OR.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

Farging Braves are getting beat by the Mets right now.  4-1 ^7.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on August 31, 2007, 08:59:22 PM
I have the Gameday graphic on and it says that Ramirez just stole third.  They're down 6-1 and he's stealing third with one out?

Alrighty.

Kendrick was paying zero attention to Ramirez, giving him a huge walking lead.  No reason not to take a gift base.

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on August 31, 2007, 09:03:16 PM
Wow - now I'm confused.  It says Ramirez scored even though Cabrera struck out.  Was it a wild pitch or did butterfingers Ruiz drop a third strike?

Wild pitch.  Was all Ruiz could do to throw slow-footed Cabrera out at first.  I think that the scoring goes Strike Out, Wild Pitch, Fielder's Choice (PO3)

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 31, 2007, 10:18:32 PM
Well, that seemed pretty easy.

There didn't seem to be a letdown at all from the Mets series.  That was a wonderful thing to see.

BigEd76

Nonstop maracas for 3+ hours

Durbin with the "0+" on the box score....he's gone already

6-1 Marlins...still in the 1st inning

Sgt PSN

Phils put 3 on the board in the 2nd.  Had a chance for more but didn't get it done.  Still though, lead cut to 7-4 Fishies.  Plenty of game left in this one.  They need to win it too because the Mets won again today plus they reportedly have Pedro Martinez coming back on Sunday or Monday.  Don't know how healthy he is but he's certainly one pitcher I haven't missed watching the Phils go up against this year. 

MDS

Pedro is throwing 87 mph fastballs with no movement. Bring him back.

Also Cole Hamels needs to come back. Durbin and Eaton both suck, so only having to cross your fingers that once every 5 days that one of them can make it through 5 innings is enough.

No tits and ass for JD tonight.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

I know Pedro doesn't have anything close to his old velocity but I've read that his breaking stuff is looking pretty good.  And dude is a gamer too.  I hate the fact that he's on the Mets because he's one of my favorite pitchers but he's a tough competitor.  He could go out there and toss the ball under handed and he'd still find a way to get guys out. 

Quote from: MDS on September 01, 2007, 08:02:17 PM
No tits and ass for JD tonight.

So what are you going to do with your extra free time now? 

MDS

Pedro sucks. He is shot, but not as bad as Tom Gordon.

www.myspace.com/titsandassforme was Durbin's myspace page.

http://deadspin.com/sports/baseball/jd-durbin-is-quite-clear-about-what-he-likes-251004.php

Sorry, Skippy. I'm not into that. With him.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on September 01, 2007, 08:18:36 PM
www.myspace.com/titsandassforme was Durbin's myspace page.

It's just some cyber slut's page now. 

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

phils should be spanking this lifeless franchise and their hardcor fans.

i bet you a maraca 3/4 of the people in this crowd (all 9 of them) couldn't name one member of the 97 World Series team.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 01, 2007, 09:26:07 PM
this lineup is sickeningly frustrating

theyve won six in a row. you were nowhere to be found. then they play like ass for one game and here you are with the bitchy comment. shocker.