2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

I'm not sure why anyone listens to Robert. Then again, why would anyone listen to me?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: FastFreddie on June 25, 2007, 04:26:11 PM
J.D. Durbin has dreamy hair.

QuoteP Durbin to start Friday for Phils

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - The Philadelphia Phillies announced that J.D. Durbin will have his contract purchased on Friday and will start part of the Phils' double-header against the Mets that day.

Which game of Friday's doubleheader he will start has yet to be determined. An additional transaction will be made to add Durbin to the active roster.

Two injured starting pitchers for Philadephia -- Freddy Garcia (fraying in his rotator cuff) and Jon Lieber (ruptured tendon) -- are unlikely to return this season. Kyle Kendrick, recalled from Double-A Reading, has already made two starts for the Phillies.

The 25-year-old Durbin is 2-4 with a 4.55 ERA in 10 starts for Triple-A Ottawa. The Phillies claimed Durbin off waivers from Boston April 14.

Rome

Quote from: BigEd76 on June 25, 2007, 07:26:28 PM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on June 25, 2007, 07:13:38 PMBourn's been on base a total of 20 times this season (14 hits, 6 walks).

And that's not counting all the times he replaced Pat

Burrell's the anti-five-tool player.  He can't hit for average, can't hit for power, he has no running speed, his arm strength is limited and his fielding ability is laughable.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMo on June 25, 2007, 04:51:02 PM
it would've been funnier if he said:

"Who signed him?"

and somebody said:  "God did"

Even better if they said "Satan did"!!6

I'm getting a Durbin jersey.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: FastFreddie on June 25, 2007, 04:45:07 PM
Word is the Phils were looking to sign Rod Beck out of retirement.

QuoteBoard Member 1:  I've never heard of half of these guys and the ones I do know are way past their prime.
Pat Gillick:  Most of these guys never had a prime.
Board Member 2:  This guy here is dead!
Dave Montgomery:  Cross him off then.

ha!  Well played Freddie. 

You should all be ashamed of yourselves for not laughing/commenting on a well timed Major League quote.  Shame on all of you.

BigEd76

Victorino is handling the sports segment for CBS3 in a few minutes

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 25, 2007, 10:37:10 PM
You should all be ashamed of yourselves for not laughing/commenting on a well timed Major League quote.  Shame on all of you.

It's sad how there always seems to be several times during any given Phillies season where portions of the movie "Major League" are quite apropos.  I'll bet they've tried to fire Manuel, but when they called guys to try to have them manage the team, they said something about "white walls" and hung up on them.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 26, 2007, 06:32:54 AM
never seen major league
never will

Too bad.  It's a classic.

Major League 2 and 3 stink, though.

SD_Eagle5

Major League is the Caddyshack of baseball movies

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

im cool cause i have no desire to ever see major league?

damn that was easy

Feva

No... you're a fool because you have no desire to ever see Major League.

(See what I did there?  I rhymed fool with cool.)
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 26, 2007, 08:13:56 AM
im cool cause i have no desire to ever see major league?

No, your supreme coolitude is due to your dedication to unfounded opinions and use of hyperbole.

That said, even if you watched it, you'd convince yourself the whole time that it sucks, and even if you did like it, you'd never admit it on this board.  So, keep on keeping on, dook.

ice grillin you