2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Eagles_Legendz

Pat Burrell > Chase Utley + Ryan Howard x Chris Wheeler.

PhillyPhreak54

Does Rod Barajas anger anyone else? Dude makes me mad. And not because I am some Chris Coste junkie like many fans are (I like Coste, but some take it too far with the love). Barajas is pointless here.

Ruiz should be starting full time.

Eagles_Legendz

Ruiz should be starting and if they wanted to call up a backup they should have Coste not Barajas. 

If they are dissatisfied with the starting C, they could try to give Jaramillo a shot who is doing quite well at AAA and seemingly finally living up to his potential.  I'd still rather go with Ruiz fulltime.

Rome

Barajas is another panic move that Gillick made in the offseason.  I guess Coste hitting over .300 all season last year wasn't good enough for him.  Nope - the Phillies had to improve at the backup catcher position and Gillick did what he always seems to do... he reached like a motherfarger.

I'm beginning to dislike him a lot now...

BigEd76

Rome

Coste has a right to be bitter about this situation.  He kicked the shtein out of the ball last year and played a very respectable catcher for that team. 

His reward: They send him to the North Pole to play baseball.

Meanwhile... Rod Barajas is hitting .167 in 18 at-bats.  Phantastic!

Eagles_Legendz

Yes, I don't understand why they felt they needed to sign Barajas.  He's never been good offensively.  He's been a good defensive catcher for most of his career but that's it.  Why the Phillies felt the need to spend money on someone who isn't a clear upgrade from Coste is beyond me.  The thing I will definitely criticize Gillick for is that the "roleplayers" (see Barajas/Nunez/AGonzalez etc) have almost uniformally failed. 

PhillyPhreak54

No doubt he should be here. He got the high hard one from Gillick.

But in listening (and reading some threads on Phils MBs) to WIP you'd think Coste was a 24yr old phenom and not having his bat in there is the sole reason for the slow start

Rome

Coste was a positive influence on that clubhouse last year.  More importantly, he was extremely productive on the field.  Gillick had no reason to go out and replace him yet he still did.

His personnel decisions thus far have been pretty farged up, Jay.  Coste getting the shaft this offseason is just the latest.

ice grillin you

coste is a zesty player who had a once in a lifetime year last year and he still cant catch...that said id have no problem if he came up but the guys that need to go are dobbs and bourne....neither are fready for the league and dobbs never will be...at least bourne provides defense and pinch running...the only reason dobbs is here and not coste is that he bats lefty
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Rowand with a big two-out double to tie the game...

it's good he's hitting this year because his defense has been shtein
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

The BIGSTUD

Korver and his girlfriend were at the game. Her face was hot, but she was sitting down so no body.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

NGM

I would really like to see the Phils get up by a run by the end of the 6th so we can see Alfonseca, Myers, and then Gordon. 

I guess that would fall under the morbid curiosity category. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

MDS

My grandpa has been dead for 35 years, even he knows that Madson sucks.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.