Anyone had a crappy meal at a cheap joint lately?

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 23, 2007, 10:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

This idea has some real promise. I smell anonymous care package.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 07, 2009, 03:25:46 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 07, 2009, 03:07:31 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 07, 2009, 01:53:15 PM
you talk about on the border like its new...did they just make it up there in philly?...or had you just never been before....theyve had them down here forever

to me they are like the fridays or bennigans of mexican food....in other words awful

There's been one at the Neshanimy mall for quite some time, I just never got around to eating there. And 'On the Borders' food is hardly awful. I'm not gonna sit here and compare them to any of the places I've eaten in San Diego or Mexico but for a chain they were pretty good. I was looking to rip the place A) because my g/f wanted to eat there and B) I haven't had good Mexican food since I left SD.

its not awful in that you physically cant eat it but its pretty farging bad...then again i despise chain food for the most part

and forget san diego or mexico its not even as good as any little mexican places in maryland....i dont want white kids with seashell necklaces serving me mexican food...i want some chick speaking broken english and rockin a gold pre-molar

i can understand going to a chain for chicken tenders or even a hamburger but i cant understand why people go to them for ethnic or sea foods

We had a black chick with a philly accent

Who cares if it's a chain or not, what you're trying to tell me is if I took you to some ragtag dump run by Mexicans with broken English and served you food from On the Border you'd like it

DH

just tried the grilled johnson at kfc. epic fail.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Die-Hard on May 07, 2009, 04:13:36 PM
just tried the grilled johnson at kfc. epic fail.

I have a coupon for a free meal, so even if the chicken sucks, I can eat the sides.  WIN!

DH

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 07, 2009, 04:10:39 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 07, 2009, 03:25:46 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 07, 2009, 03:07:31 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 07, 2009, 01:53:15 PM
you talk about on the border like its new...did they just make it up there in philly?...or had you just never been before....theyve had them down here forever

to me they are like the fridays or bennigans of mexican food....in other words awful

There's been one at the Neshanimy mall for quite some time, I just never got around to eating there. And 'On the Borders' food is hardly awful. I'm not gonna sit here and compare them to any of the places I've eaten in San Diego or Mexico but for a chain they were pretty good. I was looking to rip the place A) because my g/f wanted to eat there and B) I haven't had good Mexican food since I left SD.

its not awful in that you physically cant eat it but its pretty farging bad...then again i despise chain food for the most part

and forget san diego or mexico its not even as good as any little mexican places in maryland....i dont want white kids with seashell necklaces serving me mexican food...i want some chick speaking broken english and rockin a gold pre-molar

i can understand going to a chain for chicken tenders or even a hamburger but i cant understand why people go to them for ethnic or sea foods

We had a black chick with a philly accent

Who cares if it's a chain or not, what you're trying to tell me is if I took you to some ragtag dump run by Mexicans with broken English and served you food from On the Border you'd like it

absolutely not

chains cant make good mexican food...i dont know what it is but mexican chain food is utter garbage....waaaaay worse than chain american food even...mostly because mexican food depends so much on fresh ingrediants and you aint getting that off a sysco truck

Seabiscuit36

Phreak would agree PAPASITO's is a delicous mexican chain, or at least used to be a great mexican chain
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 07, 2009, 04:26:50 PM
Phreak would agree PAPASITO's is a delicous mexican chain, or at least used to be a great mexican chain

Yessir.

They're a local chain, but damn they have good shtein.

Sgt PSN

ice grillin you

Tomorrow, June 5th, is National Doughnut Day. Why do you care about this? Because it is your opportunity to grab yourself a free doughnut. And as we all know, free doughnuts have no calories. Actually, that is a lie.

In honor of National Doughnut Day, participating Krispy Kremes are offering one free doughnut per customer, no purchase necessary.

(We feel compelled to mention that the company just released their earnings and the news wasn't good. Fiscal first-quarter earnings skidded 53%. So, maybe if you're feeling generous and want to take pity on them, you might want to buy a coffee while you're there.)

Dunkin' Donuts also has a deal -- participating locations will give every customer a free doughnut of their choice, with the purchase of any beverage, limit one per customer.

if you're the sort to get annoyed easily, call first to see if locations are participating.

Seabiscuit36

i didnt know Krispy Kreme was even around anymore

Got Mcdonalds last night as we had no food to eat.  I've shtein 5 times since i ate a Big Mac.