Kevin Curtis, Mormon & Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 15, 2007, 04:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feva

Good... now we're almost as good as we were when we had Stallworth.

My only question is did we pay more money to be almost as good.  Common sense says it took more than $3.6 to get him here.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Dillen

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: MURP on March 15, 2007, 04:23:53 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 15, 2007, 04:22:47 PM
I like the signing because we at least have 2 legitimate WRs and our only need on offense is a backup RB. I'd love to see the numbers, if they're anything close to what it would have took to bring Stallworth back this is a dumb move.

my guess is that it cost a lot more than what it would have to bring Stallworth back on that 1 year deal. 
Of course, but before I give this a nay or yay yet I want to see the numbers. This also shows me they didn't really want Donte back, guess it was a mix between the Hammy and substance abuse program.

NGM

Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

ice grillin you

the question with curtis is was he productive because he was behind two possible hall of famers in st louis or will he be exposed now playing with slop on the eagles

i dont think anyone knows the answer to that and it will determine the quality of this signing
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 15, 2007, 04:35:58 PM
the question with curtis is was he productive because he was behind two possible hall of famers in st louis or will he be exposed now playing with slop on the eagles

i dont think anyone knows the answer to that and it will determine the quality of this signing

He might be behind two possible HoF'rs in Philly, too.  Obviously Reggie and also Hank.

Hoo boy.

SunMo

how dare you denigrate Hank by merely calling him a HOFer...how dare you
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 15, 2007, 04:35:58 PM

Perhaps Curtis being on the field made the others that much better.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Perhaps Curtis being on the field made the others that much better

ha
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

It seems like he's at least the same level receiver as Brown...with speed. I'm ok with that...if we can all stay healthy. No WR will be a big threat...but you also must account for them. I think they've all shown they can make plays.

Crossing fingers and pubic hairs!
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Phanatic

I kind of like the signing though we don't know what he's fully capable of.

This makes the current wr's better then when Thrash was the #1. I know that isn't saying much but at least there's that.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

PoopyfaceMcGee

Still a notch below Charles Johnson and Torrance Small, tho...

Spadaro compares Curtis & Stallworth:

QuoteHere is what some pro football personnel guy told me: Some people like Stallworth more and some like Curtis more. So, I take that to mean both are very comparable. Curtis has not had any injury problems, nor has he had any off-the-field issues.

That removes all doubt as to why the Eagles went strongly after Curtis but shied away from Stallworth.

hbionic

Johnson and Small was pretty abominable. I think Pinky and Thrash gave me more hope.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

MURP

Stallworth had hamstring issues and the substance abuse stuff before the Eagles traded for him.    I guess they just wanted to trade away a draft pick for nothing.  Brilliant!!!!#(%*&@*(#%&(@#*%&