UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

It looked to me like Lesnar was getting his forearms in the way of a lot of those punches, too. If he doesn't block as many punches as he did, I think it gets stopped.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

mussa

Blocks or not, those 5xl mitts coming down on your forearms or head hurt bad. I can see how one could say Carwin was punched out, but Brock is a world class wrestler. If he gets on top of you, winded or not, 9 out of 10 your done. Instead of ground and pound, which Brock is known for, he went to that strange choke and I think caught Carwin off guard. It was a great tactic, one which Carwin prob didn't expect if he got on his back. Either way a rematch needs to happen. Big Brock got rocked!
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phattymatty

Drunkmasterflex

This UFC may have been better than the last.  I still can't believe Silva pulled that off.  He had no business winning that fight, mad props to Sonnen for backing up all his sthein talking.  There has to be a rematch. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

mussa

Silva didn't look like the fighter he once was, not sure if he didn't train as hard or what or if Sonnen is actually that good. I guess we all know its impossible to cut Silva and he's got a iron jaw. wow on that fight :yay

"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

What a pathetic pointless fight, Couture took him down and beat him then submit Toney in no time. What a pile of shtein.

MURP

The point was simply to prove that even championship pro boxers cannot come in and whoop up on MMA fighters.  James Toney was talking shtein to Dana White forever and got his chance.  He was slayed and will never be in UFC again.   

Peeps from 15 years ago watching this knew the other fighting sports had no chance other than a lucky punch, but the new kids needed to see it as well.  This did a lot for the sport as far as removing boxing as a competitor on TV and bringing the rest of the kids in to the game.

mussa

Well out of shape James Toney and an elite boxer are two different things. I agree 9 out of 10 the MMA fighter wins, but there is that chance of getting schooled on their feet. I'd like to see a real deal boxer against a stand up striker in the UFC. Bang it out!

MURP

Quote from: mussa on August 30, 2010, 05:44:04 PM
. I'd like to see a real deal boxer against a stand up striker in the UFC. Bang it out!

but then it is no longer MMA, it is just boxing.  In that case the boxer should win.

the closest you will see is Nick Diaz from Strikeforce who boxes as well as a champion in Strikeforce MMA.

Munson

hahaha, Undertaker and Brock don't get along, apparently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjHtxPew5Os&feature=player_embedded

Don't watch if you don't know what happened last night and have the fight DVR'd or something.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MURP

what are the odds of that just being show business.... i mean really.... the camera just happening to be there while they cross paths for the only time all night.   id bet that is just to set up some wrestling event down the road.

Munson

I'd agree if it were a WWE camera/interviewer...but I doubt UFC wants anything to do with helping out the WWE with some free publicity.

Edit-After rewatching, you can see where he and Brock make eye contact about 10 seconds before brock walks by...Taker stops mid-sentence and all of a sudden looks pissed. Gotta give him credit though if it is real...Lesnar would tear him apart and he still gets in his face a little bit.

mussa

I still can't believe Cain whooped him that bad. I mean Carwin has heavy hands and didn't surprise me that he took Brock to the ground, but I am beginning to think Brock can't take a punch. That and his face cuts like paper. Not taking anything away from Cain, I knew he was for real and he proved it big time. Brock is not the baddest man on the planet. Not even close.

phattymatty

lurking wierdo

Frankie Edgar is gonna bust Maynard up tonight.