UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

Other than that link you posted, I haven't seen Fedor fight. Even after watching him knock that guy the farg out, I think that "best fighter in the world" is pretty bold. St. Pierre seems to be pure badass

mussa

Fedor is widely known as the best fighter in the world. The fact UFC hasn't landed him is a major reason some US fans have never even seen him fight until the Strikeforce fight. Just youtube Fedor, you'll find plenty of his fights, plus some world championships in Sambo and Judo. His work speaks for itself. He's scary good
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Drunkmasterflex

Watched the Strikeforce last night.  Walker looked decent against a complete tomato can.  It is amazing a man his age can even compete in something like that.  He showed some decent technique, though he looked completely stiff and flatfooted at times. 

The Lawler knockout was spectacular.  Lashley destroyed Wes Sims.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

phattymatty

herschel is still unbelievably jacked.

Sgt PSN

i don't understand how herschel walker can even be allowed to fight mma.  it's like 8 on 1. 

mussa

Herschel is the new Chuck Norris
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Sgt PSN

Quote from: mussa on February 01, 2010, 02:48:55 PM
Herschel is the new Chuck Norris, van damme, segal, bruce willis and jack bauer

MURP

got to go to the Strikeforce event this past Saturday.   Actually sat right next to Scott Smith for a few of the fights towards the end of the night.  Cool dude who talked to any fans who wanted to chat.   The Lawler fight was even more brutal in person than it looked on tv, you could hear those kicks so loud it was nuts.

phillymic2000

Spike has the prelims for ufc 109 on tonight at 9pm.

mussa

Couture easily handled Coleman. Its amazing they even allow Coleman to fight anymore. He has no brains left. Its actually pretty sad he's just a punching bag at this point. Yawn of a UFC

mussa

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/03/01/ex-worlds-strongest-man-pudzianowski-set-for-second-fight-in-po/

Ex-worlds strongest man now in MMA. Remember seeing this guy in the strong man competitions. He's one scary looking Polack. Would love to see Lesner vs Pud

Drunkmasterflex

I saw on the bottom line last night that James Toney is signing with the UFC.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

mussa

Saw UFC 111 last sat at a party. It was pretty much a snooze fest. Frank Mir got knocked the farged out, I def didn't see that coming. St. Pierre had Hardy in two horrible looking locks, arm bar and a kamora and somehow didn't tap. He lasted til the end, but St. Pierre dominated and won the decision easily. If St. Pierre has some ground and pound it would of never went to the end. Great fighter, but zero ground and pound.

mussa

Watched the Anderson Silva vs Maia fight after hearing it was pathetic display by Silva, and it was. He taunted, disrespected and then eventually just ran and jumped away from Maia. He clearly won. I understand the fight was outside in really humid weather and he could of been tired but man, you gotta fight. I think there is a line you cross in martial arts, you try and be safe or you just straight up disrespect martial arts. He crossed it.

Now he's supposed to take on GSP @ 170, but I just saw an article saying the Las Vegas sports auth. might reject his license due to his performance from 112 and also from violations. So now this fight may never happen. I'm sure Dana, as pissed as he is about Anderson's performance, wants the greatest showdown in MMA history to happen and so do the fans. I want GSP to break his arm.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen