UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorebird

This is going to be a great fight. I'll take a Lesnar decision.

Seabiscuit36

Hammer Fists from HELL
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Drunkmasterflex

Murp apparently is clairvoyant.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

mussa

lesner is freakin huge. he didn't look that big against frank mir, but compared to couture, wow! he deserved it, hats off. id def. like to see a rematch
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phillymic2000

Feva

Wow... the last 40-45 seconds of the round... just look at how much bigger Lesnar is than Randy.  I mean, you knew going in that Lesnar was a bigger guy, but DAMN!!!  :o

Props to Brock though... he fought a damn good fight and if he keeps learning he's gonna be damn near impossible to beat.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

mussa

Fedor vs Lesner

IT

MUST

HAPPEN

"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Feva

Actually, after thinking about it, if the UFC/Dana wants to build up Lesnar, they should try to keep him away from Minotauro as long as they can.  He's a true heavweight 6'3", about 240-245 (not a LHW moving up like Randy)... and is a BJJ monster.  Not quite as big and powerful as Brock, but strong enough to not feel overwhelmed by Lesnar's weight.  If I'm Dana and I want to capitalize on a few unbeaten PPV's by Lesnar... I'm pulling for Mir to beat Minotauro.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

mussa

Oh no doubt Dana's gotta make money before he gets cut down by Fedor  ;)

MURP

funny you mention that muss..... M1 and Fedor already put out a press release welcoming a "super fight" between Lesnar and Fedor.    Doubt Dana White would ever let that happen.

phattymatty

Feva

Rampage vs. Silva from this past Sat.

MURP

That UFC lived up to the hype.    Griffen didnt look good at all.  I find it hard to believe Evans is that much better.   Silva's head is toast.  I was talking to Mussa about this last week.  He can get knocked out way to easy these days and it happened again.     Frank Mir looked amazing.  That was one of the most dominant performances ive ever seen considering the opponent.   Mir calling out Lesnar was great.  Is there any reason to think Mir wont submit him again barring a lucky punch by Lesnar ?

here is the card for UFC 93 on Jan 17th

MAIN CARD

* Dan Henderson vs. Rich Franklin
    * Mark Coleman vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
    * Alan Belcher vs. Denis Kang
    * Jeremy Horn vs. Rousimar Palhares
    * Marcus Davis vs. Chris Lytle

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Alexandre Barros vs. Martin Kampmann
    * Antonio Mendes vs. Eric Schafer
    * Thomasz Drwal vs. Ivan Serati
    * Tom Egan vs. John Hathaway
    * Denis Siver vs. Nate Mohr

stalker

I have never seen any of this stuff but obviously you guys follow it. I have one question; how is Frankie Edgar? Is he any good. I coached him in HS and know him for a long time. He has always been one tough son of a bitch.
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

MURP

are you Mr. Reid?  because he lists his HS coach as one of his heroes on his UFC page.
http://www.ufc.com/FrankEdgar

ive only remember seeing him fight twice. Franca and Maynard.   Very quick guy and never seemed to get tired.   Good fighter, but there are a lot of good lightweight fighters so he would have to put together a nice string of wins to get into the upper tier I think.