UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

Former NFL WR Johnnie Morton is fighting on PPV MMA soon.   Interesting....  article

Feva

QuoteMorton is not the first N.F.L. player to enter the ring, only the most celebrated. Michael Westbrook, a former receiver for the Washington taterskins, won a fight two years ago over Jarrod Bunch, a former running back for the Giants.

I guess Stephen Davis saw this one coming a long time ago... apparently not the punch, though.  :-D

I also already have that Showtime PPV set to TiVo so I'll see Morton's fight.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SunMo

Liddell and Jackson's weigh in is going to be on ESPN News Friday night
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Feva

Got that set to TiVo as well.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MURP

I found the leaked footage of the house fight from the next TUF show.   If you want to see it before the show tonight...... 

link

SunMo

is it more than you'll see tonight, or the same stuff?

MURP

I am guessing it is the same thing.  Guess we will find out tonight.   It's nothing super, but a couple good shots. 

Seabiscuit36

spoilerzThat Slam on the concrete had to hurt
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

dood!  you gotta put "spoilerz" before you post stuff like htat!@#

MURP

well it looks like the leaked footage was only half the fight.   it was probably the funniest fight I have ever seen.  A cheap shot high leg kick?  classic.

SunMo

i'm watching it tonight, it was good stuff?

MURP

i thought it was pretty funny. 

MURP

MURP

another rumor is that after the Liddell/Rampage fight they will announce the next fight for the winner of Liddell/Rampage.   Apparently it will be either Henderon, Shogun, or W. Silva

mussa

Shogun will destroy them all
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"