2007 NFL Offseason Stuff Thread

Started by SunMo, January 02, 2007, 04:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: phattymatty on August 02, 2007, 11:11:07 AM
i've seen several people call corey simon nuts in the last few days.  why?  fat and lazy means crazy now? 

unless there is something that i'm not aware of.  but that's impossible.
from reports since he was released from the Eagles, it goes beyond him being fat.  Basically he got paid and never showed up. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

ThirdStreetMafia

Quote from: phattymatty on August 02, 2007, 11:11:07 AM
i've seen several people call corey simon nuts in the last few days.  why?  fat and lazy means crazy now? 

unless there is something that i'm not aware of.  but that's impossible.

People are calling him nuts because he obviously care about playing football again. He's a waste.

Feva

No way in hell I let him near this team again.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Eaglez

I have a feeling that when the Colts show Simon the door the taterskins are going to give him a shot. Only because he used to be a big name DT and the Skins have a pretty horrible front four. Danny Boy likes to overpay wash-ups and one year wonders.

ThirdStreetMafia

ice grillin you

because it makes people feel better about their team to trash as much as possible every ex player

like easy the other day talking about burgess crying for a new contract...like that somehow validates the eagles letting him go

that said simon is done and i wouldnt touch him

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eaglez

This is going to sound like front office homerism to some, but the Eagles have actually been pretty good at evaluating when to let players walk. Absent Burgess, everyone who has left really hasn't played at the same level with their new team as they did with the Eagles.

Simon, Emmons, Brian Mitchell, Bobby Taylor, are some of the ones off the top of my head that made the most noise about contract negotiations before they left and just fizzled afterwards. Granted, some were older and were no longer in their playing prime, but all of them got hefty contracts from their new teams anyways.

And the players who came back a 2nd time around like Trotter and Barber have had some great years after they found their niche again. Even though the FO does make some questionable moves, they have earned at least some respect in evaluating when talent has headed downhill.

ThirdStreetMafia

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 02, 2007, 03:31:21 PM

because it makes people feel better about their team to trash as much as possible every ex player

like easy the other day talking about burgess crying for a new contract...like that somehow validates the eagles letting him go

that said simon is done and i wouldnt touch him

Let it be known though that the case with burgess and the case with simon are two totally different issues. i wouldnt call burgess crazy or nuts... but simon - the dude hasnt done anything since he left here, not because his game dropped off, but because he's no longer disciplined enough to stay in shape.

ice grillin you

i dont think simon is crazy or lazy or a bad person or a fat slob
i just think his heart isnt in the game anymore
he wants the money that comes with playing
but he doesnt have the desire to play anymore
thus he doesnt have the desire to work out and get in shape
and now he is what many retired lineman are
big and fat

ThirdStreetMafia

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 02, 2007, 04:22:26 PM
i dont think simon is crazy or lazy or a bad person or a fat slob
i just think his heart isnt in the game anymore
he wants the money that comes with playing
but he doesnt have the desire to play anymore
thus he doesnt have the desire to work out and get in shape
and now he is what many retired lineman are
big and fat

you forgot to add "broke" on the end of that. Hopefully that isnt the case for simon... I'm gonna try to find that statistic about nfl players who eventually file bankrupsy

rjs246

The reason people have been calling Simon crazy is because there seems to be some sort of mystery around the last two years of his professional life. He hasn't been playing. He hasn't been reporting to practice. He's been 'mysteriously' sick in some way. It sounds to me like he has an eating disorder or something along those lines, but no matter how you slice it he has gone from a premier DT in the league to a pariah and the only reasonable explanation is that he is somehow crazy...

And it makes us feel better about the fact that he doesn't plat for the Eagles any more.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

And it makes us feel better about the fact that he doesn't plat for the Eagles any more.

i could care less either way but if youre on onethose people infatuated with ex eagles and it seems like youre...then the above statement would only be true if the eagles had adequetly replaced him...which they as of yet have not proven they can do

rjs246

PLAT!

(I'm not ever infuriated by ex-eagles. I know there are lots here that are, but that isn't one of my hang-ups. Simon is just not one that I would want back.)
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

I thought Simon was crazy to ask for the money he wanted, was happy the Eagles didn't pay him, thought his best years were done by the time the Eagles removed the tag and let him go.

I was right.  That's why I like this news.

The last thing I want to know is whether he got a ring.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger