QB scenario

Started by Susquehanna Birder, November 22, 2006, 09:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Quasimoto

MURP

mussa

Desperate franchises will give their left nut for a QB like McNabb.  The thing is as long as the offensive scheme stays the same, maybe a select few QB's(Brady, Manning) would be able to do better than McNabb.  Even if the Birds had Brady or Manning, next year with the same offensive playcalling, they wouldn't win the superbowl.  If we had a dominant run game, with the personell to compliment that, I think we might have a chance.  We could put an ok QB at the helm and tell him to throw 15-20 passes a game.  The only way I would trade McNabb was if this was the scheme and the guy we got in return was a top 5 RB in the league to compliment that run style.  Possibly have extra money from McNabb's contract to look for a mid-top level linebacker also...I mean I can dream about this on and on....REGGIE BUSH!!
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Susquehanna Birder

I want to like McNabb, but he's frustrated me as much as thrilled me from Day One.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Cerevant

10.  Reid lost me when he gave the team off after 3 straight losses.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Diomedes

How does that relate to your view of what the team should do with/about McNabb/QB position?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Cerevant

Because you don't take an aging, beat up QB into a new system.  You trade him for whatever you can get and start rebuilding.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I think you have to let McNabb take the helm again when he's healthy, but with a different offensive philosophy.

Diomedes

If he can return and they put a bruising fullback in the back field, with a bona fide starting RB and change of pace RB to spell the starter, then yeah...

Feva

Quote from: FFatPatt on November 22, 2006, 01:19:03 PM
I think you have to let McNabb take the helm again when he's healthy, but with a different offensive philosophy.

Exactly.

I don't think you necessarily HAVE TO draft a QB this year, but definitely within the next 3.

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on November 22, 2006, 09:47:59 AM
Do you think that Reid could start over with a new franchise QB if he had the opportunity to take one with a high first-round draft pick?

In a word, no.  Unless it were determined that McNabb will never play another down of football, Reid is going to stick with him. 

Besides, this team isn't bad enough to rebuild yet.  Unfortunately, they aren't good enough to legitmately contend for anything beyond a wild card spot at best.