7:38 and 2:42. Two of the reasons Andy should be fired at the end of the season

Started by Butchers Bill, October 29, 2006, 06:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

How many drives yesterday began with the Eagles throwing on 1st down?  I counted the first 4 or 5 but quickly lost interest in trying to keep note of any stats affiliated with that game at all......much like I basically lost any and all interest in the game itself.  But I decided to look it up today.  Mostly because it's Monday and I'd rather research stats than work.  So here's what I came up with. 

1st Drive:  Incomplete pass to Reggie Brown
2nd Drive:  Complete to Brian Westbrook for 2 yards
3rd Drive:  Incomplete to Brian Westbrook
4th Drive:  Donovan McNabb sacked
5th Drive:  McNabb complete to Brian Westbrook for 7 yards
6th Drive:  Correll Buckhalter runs for 4 yards
7th Drive:  McNabb passes to Brian Westbrook for 26 yards*
8th Drive:  Brian Westbrook runs for 2 yards
9th Drive:  Donovan McNabb runs for 12 yards (after a false start penalty)
10th Drive:  Complete pass to Donte Stallworth for 17 yards
11th Drive:  Complete pass to Donte Stallworth for 29 yards

*Drive only consisted of 1 play before the end of the half. 

The first play of the first 5 drives in this game were all passing plays.  And out of the 11 possessions the Eagles offense had, only 2 started off with a called run.  If that isn't predictable play calling then I don't know what is. 

Way to keep the defense off balance Reid.  You're super.   

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Butchers Bill

To reiterate, Reid has lost this team:

"Donovan runs the plays coach calls," tight end L.J. Smith said. "If coach calls the play, we've got to run it. He sees it one way, and that's the way you've got to go with it."

Ultimately, there's the most dangerous development for Reid — that the small cracks in the locker room, the ones that winning always caulks, grow into a greater disconnect between himself and his players. Suddenly, there might be signs.

Asked if the Eagles should have run the ball more, guard Shawn Andrews said: "I wouldn't personally say I'm a student of the game, but if you've got 57 mph winds, you tell me."

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/256-10302006-734221.html
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

ice grillin you

Asked if the Eagles should have run the ball more, guard Shawn Andrews said: "I wouldn't personally say I'm a student of the game, but if you've got 57 mph winds, you tell me."

lol....awesome

good boy shawn

Feva

It's true.  Absolutely true.

Everyone and their momma knew ALL WEEK that there were going to be high winds during the game.  You'd like to think Andy would recognize this and adjust his gameplan accordingly.  Nope.  Instead, he stubbornly forges ahead with his fragile ass "chuck the ball around" gameplan... hoping for someone to come up with a lucky play.

Jack Del Rio understood the weather conditions, and like any competent coach, he adjusted... and the Eagles got the ball ran down their throats more than 40 times for almost 200 yards.

farging infuriating.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 30, 2006, 09:40:32 AM

lol....awesome

good boy shawn

Andrews will be fined, benched and/or cut by tomorrow. 

Rome

I find it funny that anyone on the o-line is criticizing anyone.

They got schooled all day long by a Jaguars defensive line that scares no one without Marcus Stroud.

Instead of pissing and moaning about play-calling, maybe they should play better instead?

PS: I agree with Slim Andrews about the play-calling, but still, it's absurd that he's making comments questioning the play selection after yesterday's collective washout.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: EagleFeva on October 30, 2006, 09:55:40 AM
It's true. Absolutely true.

Everyone and their momma knew ALL WEEK that there were going to be high winds during the game. You'd like to think Andy would recognize this and adjust his gameplan accordingly. Nope. Instead, he stubbornly forges ahead with his fragile ass "chuck the ball around" gameplan... hoping for someone to come up with a lucky play.

Jack Del Rio understood the weather conditions, and like any competent coach, he adjusted... and the Eagles got the ball ran down their throats more than 40 times for almost 200 yards.

farging infuriating.

This is Reid's thought process when it comes to game planning:

"It's going to be a sunny day with no wind.  Perfect day for passing.  Sweeeeeeeet."

.......and........

"It's going to be cold/rainy/windy/snowing on Sunday.  Everyone will totally be expecting us to run so I'm going to catch everyone off guard and throw the ball all over the place.  Sweeeeeeeet."

ice grillin you

he doesnt adjust his game plan for an opponent...jags all pro DT and mlb were both missing

why would he change it for some measly weather

Cerevant

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 30, 2006, 10:02:52 AM
This is Reid's thought process when it comes to game planning:

To paraphrase RJS:

Quote from: rjs246 on September 30, 2005, 02:59:56 PM
"Cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger one yard screen cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger throw the ball cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger runningbacks are just slow receivers cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger a swing pass is a running play cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger James Thrash cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger bowel movement."
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Sgt PSN

Cerevant

An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Sgt PSN

BigEd76

Andy's "Script O' 15 Plays" worked like this yesterday:

3-and-out
3-and-out
3-and-out
3-and-out
3rd-and-1 converted by Westbrook

mussa

the team right now has been a broken record for 2 yrs straight. nothing has changed. no adjustments. everyone knows what we're going to do. andy reid has 8 games to show us what he's made of, and so do the players. i don't think they will can him after the season, unless they go 4-12, which I think is possible after yesterday's performance and the tough schedule ahead. 

im just so fargin pissed because this team has talent, but they lost focus or something. im glad for the bye week right now. it gives everyone along time to think about it and get their shtein together. we'll see nov. 12th if anything has changed.  :-\
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"