Bodybuilding/Workout/Diet thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, October 20, 2006, 09:50:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Quote from: Butchers Bill on October 20, 2006, 02:30:08 PM
Quote from: rjs246 on October 20, 2006, 10:35:36 AM
I went through physical therapy and  was taught a bunch of shtein you can do in the gym (weights) that can actually help. It's all low impact shtein, but it's better than doing nothing or lifting regularly and f'ing your shtein up.

Anyway, let me know if you're interested in hearing about them.

Please share.

Seated row pull: Nothing more than 50 pounds. Four sets of 15-20 reps.
Seated vertical pull: Nothing more than 50 pounds. Four sets of 15-20 reps.
Reverse situps: Holding light weight (10-20 pounds). Four sets of 25)
Stomach crunches: More weight is preferable here. However many sets you can do.
(A strong core up front helps 'straighten out' scoliosis spine, so its good to work your stomach. Lay off of overdoing the chest though because we tend to focus on our pecs and it can unbalance the way your muscles pull on the spine.)
Suspended stomache crunches: However many you can do.
Etc. etc.

Basically you want to do a lot of work with all of your back muscles but you want it to be lightweight so everything pulls evenly on your spine. In order to support this you want to have every thing up front strong.

Having said all of that I stopped going to the gym regularly about a year and a half ago and my back farging kills me now. Good decision on my part.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Don Ho with the eye bleach!  Thanks man.

p.s. someone tell that chick to watch out for the sharks....I half expect to see one jump up out of the water and eat her when I look at the photo.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Susquehanna Birder

Good info, rjs. I pretty much do most of that now. Not exactly, but close. My current routine also does a lot on the obliques with side crunches and also work on a torso rotation machine.

rjs246

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on October 21, 2006, 02:00:13 PM
Good info, rjs. I pretty much do most of that now. Not exactly, but close. My current routine also does a lot on the obliques with side crunches and also work on a torso rotation machine.

Both of which I should have included. They contribute a lot to core strength.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD_Eagle5

Today was my first day back at the gym in almost two weeks, anyway I was on my second set of incline bench when I got this shooting pain right behind my left temple. I stood up and got lightheaded then thought I was gonna puke. I gave it about 10 minutes but it wouldn't go away. The left side of my head and face is throbbing and the pain is so bad I can feel it in the back of my teeth. I came home and took some Advil and the pain is slowly fading, but does anyone know what I might have done?

Father Demon

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

SD_Eagle5

Father Demon

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

phattymatty

i ate a sleeve of fig newtons for lunch.

Rome

I went to the chinese buffet for lunch today and got the usual chicken/shrimp stir-fry that they do on the hibachi grill.

Anyway, this enormous woman came by and sat down with like three full plates of food in front of her.  I swear to God, she ordered a Diet Pepsi to wash 'em down with.

Amazing.   :-X

Susquehanna Birder

Zanshin

Sounds like that could have been the beginning of an original thought.  Have to be careful there.

SD_Eagle5

Went back today, lowered my incline press weight from 175 to 150 hoping that would help, it didn't...same thing happened. So now I'm abandoning my chest workout and am gonna try to do my back instead at 3. This should be fun.

Wingspan

Quote from: SD_Eagle on November 07, 2006, 12:55:42 PM
Went back today, lowered my incline press weight from 175 to 150 hoping that would help, it didn't...same thing happened. So now I'm abandoning my chest workout and am gonna try to do my back instead at 3. This should be fun.

how about bench pressing a doctor?
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD_Eagle on November 06, 2006, 03:05:11 PM
does anyone know what I might have done?

Just a guess, but it may have been....

Quote from: SD_Eagle on November 06, 2006, 03:05:11 PM
I was on my second set of incline bench

That's more excersize than the Navy's required of you in the last 8 years combined.  You gotta pace yourself, homie.