Started by Diomedes, October 19, 2006, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

easy really doesnt ever leave his crawl space does he

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

what you're not gonna disagree with Macnow's list?

SD

Nicks is okay, their roast beef sandwiches are good, they're far from being the top sandwich in the area.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on June 18, 2010, 07:23:33 PM
they're far from being the top sandwich in the area.

i agree

they are the best in the world

Diomedes

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20100707_Duck_boat_crashes_into_barge_on_Delaware_River.html

headline:  2 missing after duck boat crashes into barge

eyewitness quote:  "There was a really loud bang. The thing was a sitting duck."

no word on if Rome was the eyewitness
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Butchers Bill

What I don't understand is, your boat has stalled and you see a massive barge slowly floating your way.  You have life jackets on.  Why the hell are you still on the boat?
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

Seabiscuit36

clearly no one understood Barges dont stop immediately
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

Wow, I didn't realize the barge was that big. I thought it was one of the smaller ones.

ice grillin you

how did only two people die in that

Seabiscuit36

because blacks cant swim

I'm just confused by the whole situation.  The duck boat operator shouldnt have been cutting it so close, and if I see a barge feet away, it's like a train on water its not stopping.  Time to go for a swim. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on July 10, 2010, 09:58:48 AM
because blacks cant swim

I'm just confused by the whole situation.  The duck boat operator shouldnt have been cutting it so close, and if I see a barge feet away, it's like a train on water its not stopping.  Time to go for a swim. 

lol he wasnt "cutting it close"....their engine died and they couldnt move

Seabiscuit36

ok, so they've said that once the engine died, they had seconds before impact.  So that would lead me to believe that, he cut it close to get ahead of the barge, the engine died, and thus, they got run the farg over. 

SD

I grew up with the guy that owns the corner deli in my neighborhood, was in there the other day buying lunch meat and some amoroso rolls. He told me amoroso recently changed their rolls to prolong their shelf life and they've had a lot of complaints. I just had one and they're god awful. Minor changes in my foods normally doesn't bother me but they went from very good to practically unedible. Supposedly they're changing back to the old style because of all the complaints.

MDS

is the guys name joey, vito or tommy?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.