2006-07 Flyers Season Thread

Started by BigEd76, October 05, 2006, 04:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

Richards was a beast last night
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

That save was absolutely ridiculous.

Here's the extended version from flyers.com...

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/sightsound/highlights/media/070306%5C2436.wmv

SIGN.   HIM.   NOW.

SD_Eagle5

ice grillin you

the gawd and future captain richards has two goals four assists in his last four games

Geowhizzer

That save was absolutely unreal. 

Seabiscuit36

Richards was unbeliveable last night, he was running devils all night, then scored!  

Upshall had a great interview, Geo you probably saw it too.  He said that he's so happy to be here.  Even though going from the Best team in the league to the worst, its been a life changing experience and a great one.  He loves the direction that the team is heading.  

When you look at the fact that the flyers are going to have nearly 28mill in cap room, then the amount of young talent already in the system(Giroux,Downie,Bartulis,Parent,Potulny,Nodl,Ruzicka,Ratchuck, Bodrov,and more) its going to be a very interesting 5 years
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

That save was just crazy, part luck, part savy.  Biron is just calm under pressure unlike Nitty and Esche that flop like epileptics. 

My wife and i were jumping up and down screaming after that save  :yay
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

it was a great save, but overall, he was pretty shaky last night.

SunMo

QuoteFlyers Notes | Agent for Biron would like a deal

Flyers Notes

Gilles Lupienwould like to seeMartin Bironin a Flyers sweater for the next several years.

Before the agent talks to the Flyers, however, he needs to find out whether Biron wants to begin negotiations now, wait until after the season, or test free agency this summer. He also needs to find out what the goaltender would like as part of his next contract.

Biron says he wants to stay and is already talking to a former Buffalo roommate, Danny Briere,about signing with the Flyers this summer.

As for Lupien...

"I left Paul Holmgrena message," Lupien said yesterday, referring to the Flyers' general manager. "I said I wanted to talk to Marty tomorrow before we proceed."

It would not be out of character for Lupien to re-sign his client in-season rather than wait for free agency.

Under the old collective-bargaining agreement, agents were often pressured by the players' union to put their clients on the free-agent market to establish a platform by which similar free agents could figure out their worth.

Things are different now. If a player wants to re-sign during the season rather than test free agency, there is less pressure on him.

"I re-signed Denis Gauthier in-season under Bob Clarke," Lupien said. "This would not be any different."

Gauthier re-signed last March.

Biron knows he's the No. 1 goalie here now. He lost his starter's job to Ryan Miller in Buffalo.

"I know a lot of teams phoned Buffalo, and they were told they didn't want to let him go," Lupien said. "Buffalo kept telling me this season they did not want to trade him."

Biron is making nearly $2.13 million this season. Lupien will likely ask for a multiyear deal averaging close to $3 million.

ice grillin you

so are we all happy with biron now...cause when the trade was made a bunch of you (dont remember who exactly) werent too thrilled

rjs246

I'm still sort of meh about it, but he's already been a noticeable upgrade so no complaints.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 07, 2007, 08:39:57 AM
the gawd and future captain richards has two goals four assists in his last four games

Its about time, he's sucked ass all season.

Biron is a #1 goalie, he's not elite, but he's good enough with a solid D in front of him. He'll be re-signed and our goalie situation will be set.

Seabiscuit36

IGY i was one who didnt like giving up a first for him as it was originally reported, still most likely its the 31st overall pick, but he's a definite upgrade over what they had.  Plus, if you've watched the games that he's been in, he has allowed the team to just go out and shoot the puck and not worry about the goalie so much. 

I would ahve preferred to get him as a UFA and not costing us a pick or getting Giguere but if they get him locked up for 3m a year they are teh clear winners of that trade

dis12

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on March 07, 2007, 09:25:10 AM
IGY i was one who didnt like giving up a first for him as it was originally reported, still most likely its the 31st overall pick, but he's a definite upgrade over what they had.  Plus, if you've watched the games that he's been in, he has allowed the team to just go out and shoot the puck and not worry about the goalie so much. 

I would ahve preferred to get him as a UFA and not costing us a pick or getting Giguere but if they get him locked up for 3m a year they are teh clear winners of that trade
I thought it was a 2nd round pick, not a 1st.  we do have 2 1st round picks.  i'd hate to give up one of theose.
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***