2006-07 Flyers Season Thread

Started by BigEd76, October 05, 2006, 04:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Remaining schedule: (teams way better than the flyers in bold)

at Boston
at Pittsburgh
New Jersey
Florida
Boston
at Phoenix
at Dallas
Atlanta
at Ottawa
Florida
at NY Rangers
NY Islanders
Carolina (only 1 pt out)
at New Jersey
NY Rangers
at Toronto (only 3 pts out)
New Jersey
NY Islanders
Buffalo
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Why I heart hockey:

QuoteNeither Todd Fedoruk's bout with Chris Simon or Darren Reid's ensuing square-off with Arron Asham could be considered wins - unless you count what happened next.

"I asked him and he was willing," Fedoruk said of Simon. "Not a lot of guys go at 5-2. It's pointless. But he said, 'If you really need to... '

"I said, 'Yeah man, it's 5-2. I've got to get these guys going.' "

That's farging awesome.  On both sides, actually.   :yay

ice grillin you

haha...yeah that is great...tho when youre a supposed heavyweight and get your ass beaten on the regular it doesnt fire your team up it embarrasses them

now when a guy like richards goes after guys far tougher than him that gets people amped up

Rome

Well, even if they're laughing at Fedoruk for getting his ass tanned, it still takes their mind off getting humiliated on the ice otherwise.

He lost the fight last night too.  Simon beat his ass.

:-D

ice grillin you

Geowhizzer

No doubt, Fedoruk had his ass handed to him last night.

BigEd76

QuoteBiron was asked if he might try to influence Buffalo teammate Daniel Briere, the top coveted free agent, into signing with the Flyers this summer. "I might," Biron said. "He has a friend on the Flyers, Denis Gauthier. They played junior together. He can do a lot of talking, too."

NGM

Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

BigEd76

That was from PhillyBurbs.  Here's one from Courier Post:

QuoteBiron, who has spent his entire eight-year career in Buffalo, said he'd be happy to help the Flyers court former teammate Daniel Briere, who will become an unrestricted free agent on July 1 and leads the Sabres with 77 points in 62 games.

In fact, Biron said he and Briere were talking about the possibility of signing with the Flyers just the other night.

"If I have more conversations with him the rest of the year and the summer, I'll definitely say something good about the Flyers
," Biron said. "Seeing all the moves they've done in the last few weeks they're really moving forward. They did the right thing."

SD_Eagle5

Briere's a good player but he's tiny. Flyers like their players big.

The BIGSTUD

Upshaw game winning goal in OT!

Real nice game by Biron.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SD_Eagle5

Upshaw looks great, he's young and has a huge upside too. He was projected as a 3rd liner but he's a solid 2nd liner with decent talent around him.

Biron started off a little slow but he played clutch the rest of the game. igy's boy with the SH goal.

ice grillin you

flyers had 55 shots...carter 12 by himself

biron showed what a real goalie is supposed to do...37 shots against and in a close game he allowed no goals in the 3rd period and OT and made numerous huge saves

pitkanen was outstanding tonight played more minutes than anyone and wasa  rock back there...hes played much better lately

The BIGSTUD

Wait isn't it Upshall? Or is it Upshaw?
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.