Eagles v. Packers MNF game thread 10 2 06

Started by Diomedes, October 02, 2006, 08:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorebird

Kornhieser and Thiesman are too much to take one at a time. Both of them on the air in the same booth at the same time are way too much to take for me. I ended up turning the sound down.

Tomahawk

All hail Dawkins:

QuoteNotes: Eagles starting wideouts Donte' Stallworth (hamstring) and Reggie Brown (shoulder) both left the game in the fourth quarter. They'll be evaluated Tuesday. ... Favre extended his NFL-record streak for consecutive starts to 225. He's 17-14 on Monday nights. ... Eagles FS Brian Dawkins passed Hall of Famer Chuck Bednarik for most wins (86) with the team. ... Morency faced the Eagles for the second time in four weeks, finishing with 99 yards on 26 carries. He had 13 yards on five carries in the season opener, before he was traded from Houston to Green Bay.

Cerevant

Quote from: shorebird on October 04, 2006, 07:14:19 PM
Kornhieser and Thiesman are too much to take one at a time. Both of them on the air in the same booth at the same time are way too much to take for me. I ended up turning the sound down.
And this is why it won't change.  If you (or anyone else on this board) said "I turned the game off" then they would worry.  They aren't mucking with things to impress the people who will watch the game anyway - they are trying to lure and entertain the "casual" fan.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.