The YouTube Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, June 28, 2006, 01:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SunMo on October 18, 2006, 05:57:04 PM
creepy movie trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8muNsj1oUpY

For anyone who's never been there, they have an emergency call box at each end of the bridge that provides you a direct line to a crisis counselor incase you're thinking about jumping.  It's also got this really cool sign above it. 

Diomedes

They've got a giant sign over the Delaware Memorial Bridge now that flashes "IF YOU ARE IN CRISIS, CALL [some number]." 

In crisis?  Jump, motherfarger.  And do it quick, the rest of us have places to go.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

How long ago did they put that up there?  I just drove across it about 3 or 4 months ago and don't remember seeing it.

hbionic

Sarge, that's the first thing I though of when I watched 'Teh Bridge' trailer. I don't think they walked far enough to see the phones.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 19, 2006, 07:59:02 PMHow long ago did they put that up there? I just drove across it about 3 or 4 months ago and don't remember seeing it.

I've made the drive from NYC to Baltimore at least three times in the last three months, it's been flashing each time.  Both directions.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Diomedes on October 19, 2006, 08:44:44 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 19, 2006, 07:59:02 PMHow long ago did they put that up there? I just drove across it about 3 or 4 months ago and don't remember seeing it.

I've made the drive from NYC to Baltimore at least three times in the last three months, it's been flashing each time.  Both directions.

And you never called?

Diomedes

What can I say?  The motorcycle didn't break down or get a flat tire.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on October 19, 2006, 08:44:44 PM

Perhaps they put it up shortly after my last trip across then.  Or I just wasn't paying attention.  Neither is more likely than the other. 

Chuggie and I were quite tempted to pick up the phone on the Golden Gate Bridge just to see what would happen.  We both utlimately punked out though.  I have no proof of this but I'm fairly certain that once the handset is picked up, a platoon of ninjas rappel down the tower and will kill you.  I don't think the point of the phone is to prevent you from dying, it's just to save them the hassle of fishing you out of the bay.  Either way, you're dead which is what you wanted in the first place and a few tax dollars have been saved.  Everybody wins. 

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Geowhizzer

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SunMo

I've never seen a political endorsement given while riding a mechanical bull

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9WB_PXjTBo
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SunMo on October 23, 2006, 06:34:55 PM
I've never seen a political endorsement given while riding a mechanical bull

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9WB_PXjTBo

Wow, I didn't know his condition had deteriorated that badly.