The Hip-Hop Thread

Started by hbionic, May 15, 2006, 05:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

One of them was about the "king of crunk" (lil jon) and the other was about the star of "Father Hood" (snoop dogg, duh).

That's all I remember.

Seabiscuit36

anyone listen to The KnuX?  Only heard one song from them on Sirius, its not bad. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

danger mouse & jemini - ghetto pop life - excellente :yay
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Magical_Retard

Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

reese125

Jason from Miami--we love you

Its crazy when you hear Eminem talk, almost like his is still a youngbuck in the rap world. I mean...he has to know that he one of/if not the best hip hop artists ever...or maybe he is just that humble

ice grillin you

classic odb performance from jon stewart show circa 95

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JMYH3gU-I4
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 25, 2008, 08:25:32 AM
classic odb performance from jon stewart show circa 95

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JMYH3gU-I4
lmao at the white dude having a seizure at the 1:20 mark
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i think thats michael rappaport

phattymatty

i've been listening to rza's new one, digi snacks, and it's not good so far.

ok, i finished it and it never gets good.  pretty zesty throughout actually.  it's an entire album of retarded lyrics thrown over some weird background noises with some chick singing background and a david banner appearance.  theres 2 or 3 tracks that might be worth listening to, but i wouldn't even bother, unless you just want to find out for yourself how bad the album is.

Diomedes

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/music/bal-kswift0721,0,3849580.story

QuoteKhia Edgerton, a pioneering DJ who as "K-Swift" became one of Baltimore's top radio personalties and a major player in the local music scene, died early Monday morning after a pool accident at her home. She was 29.

Through her popular radio show, which attracted thousands of listeners each night, and frequent live performances, Ms. Edgerton helped reinvigorate and reintroduce the aging genre of Baltimore Club music to a younger generation of listeners. For local artists, a spin on K-Swift's 92Q radio show meant instant recognition.

Known as the "Club Queen," Ms. Edgerton brought a distinct style of music known as Baltimore Club to cities up and down the East Coast through her live shows. Driven but modest, she excelled in a scene traditionally dominated by men.

more at link

My exposure to hip hop is not deep enough to have heard of K-Swift, but some of y'all might've...
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

rock the bells this weekend anyone?

ice grillin you

SD_Eagle5

hunt

i guess i'm goddamn old because the only music channel i listen to on sirius is backspin & i can't stand any of the new stuff they play on the other hip hop stations.
oh well.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: hunt on August 07, 2008, 10:40:42 AM
i guess i'm goddamn old because the only music channel i listen to on sirius is backspin & i can't stand any of the new stuff they play on the other hip hop stations.
oh well.

I can't listen to anything after the early 90's. In other words I hate Tupac and feel rap/hip hop went on a slow downward spiral since him.