Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Drunkmasterflex

Going to see the Black Keys tonight in Philly! :yay
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Drunkmasterflex

The show last night was ridiculously good it was at the River Stage.  What a cool venue to see a concert way better than festival pier.  They played a lot of stuff from their new album and quite a bit of their older material.  The only song they didn't play that I wanted to hear was "Just Got to Be". 

For anybody that likes these guys and hasn't watched them live you are really missing out. 

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

mussa

Social Distortion tonight at Chameleon here in Lanc  :yay
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SD

damn you. I smoked a fatty with Mike Ness in 98. Social D is great live.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: mussa on August 04, 2010, 03:16:41 PM

shtein I wish I didn't already have plans.  Is it sold out? That would have been great to see Social Distortion and The Black Keys in the same week. 

Diomedes

I saw Dead Weather monday night in Baltimore.  The venue felt like a movie theater.  I hated the crowd and their goddamn cell phone video cameras.  The whole thing felt like a PTA sponsored after prom party, a mass consumption of a commercial product.  I would have left straight away if I hadn't gone with a friend on free guest list tickets.   Dead Weather was very good, but it was like being a stranger in a strange land.

I go see a band, I expect people farging in the bathrooms, puking in the hallways, bleeding on stage, smoking anything they can wherever they want, and drunk drunk drunks everywhere.  Not that abortion of a yuppie sanctioned spectacle.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

go see "Beach House" play http://www.beachhousebaltimore.com/  You'll love the indie folks
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

Quote from: SD on August 04, 2010, 03:26:42 PM
damn you. I smoked a fatty with Mike Ness in 98. Social D is great live.

Got tickets for them November 14 at the HOB in Orlando.  No Eagles that day either.

Drunky time!

mussa

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on August 04, 2010, 04:38:15 PM
Quote from: mussa on August 04, 2010, 03:16:41 PM

shtein I wish I didn't already have plans.  Is it sold out? That would have been great to see Social Distortion and The Black Keys in the same week. 

Been sold out for months

Quote from: Diomedes on August 04, 2010, 05:38:35 PM
I saw Dead Weather monday night in Baltimore.  The venue felt like a movie theater.  I hated the crowd and their goddamn cell phone video cameras.  The whole thing felt like a PTA sponsored after prom party, a mass consumption of a commercial product.  I would have left straight away if I hadn't gone with a friend on free guest list tickets.   Dead Weather was very good, but it was like being a stranger in a strange land.

I go see a band, I expect people farging in the bathrooms, puking in the hallways, bleeding on stage, smoking anything they can wherever they want, and drunk drunk drunks everywhere.  Not that abortion of a yuppie sanctioned spectacle.

I feel your pain Dio. The whole cell phone thing is so god damn annoying. Really, how great of quality will your zesty camera pictures come out or the video? Horrible. I'm there to experience a live show, not to watch it through a tiny phone. Idiots.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phattymatty

saw public enemy last night...was like a farging wet dream for a 30 year old rap kid like me.  just crazy energy. chuck d and flav look and sound exactly the same. they did fear of a black planet in its entirety...plus a bunch of other shtein...and they had a sick guitarist and drummer on stage the whole time. dj lord was good too. 

wasn't really expecting it to be as great as it was but it was one of the better live shows i've been to in a really long time.

Rome

did you take any videos with your iphone?

Sgt PSN

Kid n Play are having a 20 yr reunion concert in some little desert town called Ridgecrest, which is about 45min north of me.  I won't be going but I find it somewhat tragic that they are reduced to playing such an awful venue. 

Even more tragic is that En Vogue is performing in another little shteinhole town named Palmdale. 

This place sucks. 

Rome

Neither are as tragic as a middle-aged man being upset (or in any other way emotionally moved) by a Kid N Play reunion.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger