Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Went to Farm Aid lastnight. The majority of the crowd was hicks and 40-60 year old adolescants.

Dave Matthews and Neil Young were okay, Willie Nelson and Jerry Lee Lewis were good...John Cougar Mellancamp was great.

rjs246

Quote from: mussa on September 29, 2006, 09:54:22 AM
Man I would love to see them again, whats the venue like in DC? I might just try to go if it's not sold out. I got a buddy in DC

Set list from last night

STINKFIST
THE POT
FORTY-SIX & 2
JAMBI
SCHISM
LOST KEYS / ROSETTA STONED
WINGS FOR MARIE / 10,000 DAYS
LATERALUS
ÆNEMA

also check here for reviews: http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=54115

Stinkfist is a farging classic tune.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

mussa

i'd figure that to be your fav ;)
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Munson

I'm going to see Dan Andriano live solo show the day before my birthday, November 6th. It's not with the band he's in, so it'll just be acoustic. I doubt anyone here knows who he is. Voice sounds kinda like a young Elvis Costello though.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

mcnabbmvp

Wednesday saw Iron Maiden for the first time ever. the show was friggin AWESOME. vintage Maiden. they played the whole new album plus 4 oldies.
"One thing in the NFL, it's not the team with the best players (that wins). It's the team that plays the best as a team." - Corey Simon,DT EAGLES

mussa

Going to see The Eagles of Death Metal wednesday night here in Lanc
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

Best band name in forever.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

fargin right. Man they rocked it last night. first time seeing them and they were awesome. i met the guitarist and bassist afterwards. no i didn't blow them hbionic.

phattymatty

I saw the Eagles of Death Metal in Brooklyn over the summer, they opened up for Bloc Party.  pretty good show.

Saw The Wrens on Saturday night, didn't know too much about them beforehand but they rocked pretty hard.  really fun show.

phattymatty

METHOD MAN w/ Masta Killa • Inspektah Deck

10:00 PM, 930 Club tonight

hbionic

Quote from: mussa on October 19, 2006, 10:55:57 AM
fargin right. Man they rocked it last night. first time seeing them and they were awesome. i met the guitarist and bassist afterwards. no i didn't blow them hbionic.

Whew. I was wondering about that. Thanks for the update.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

I'm going to see the Black Keys friday night, and Scott H. Biram Saturday.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

I dig the black keys  :yay

Diomedes

I saw the Raconteurs open for Bob Dylan last night at Nassau Colliseum.  They were alright.  Covered a Kinks tune, a couple other interesting covers, played the poppier stuff from their debut (which is alright, but not great).

Dylan was fantastic.  He played keyboard and harp for the entire show.  His harp skills have not diminished one bit..in fact, they've improved.  Excellent renditions of Ballad of a Thin Man and Thunder on the Mountain, among several outstanding songs.

SD_Eagle5

Heading down to the Wac tonight to see The Who.