Who do you think is going in the First to the Birds?

Started by xtacy1238, April 09, 2006, 02:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: reese125 on April 28, 2006, 08:58:47 AM
with the workout times he had, you hope that he is not just that....a workout warrior. Coaches might be a little aprehensive and try not get caught up in the Mamula theory.

I like the guy though and IMO, think the attributes he has cant be denied

He also has been very productive on the field, the only question about that is was it a result of playing opposite Mario Williams. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyPhreak54

If Lawson or Wimbley are picked at 14, I would be cool with that. Actually, I would be more than cool with that.

Even though I want a DT, I still maintain that defensive playmakers are needed and Lawson and Wimbley both are in that category.

They'd be the SAM and Dhani can go hold up traffic and dance in the streets of South Beach all he wants.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 29, 2006, 01:24:57 AM

Even though I want a DT, I still maintain that defensive playmakers are needed and Lawson and Wimbley both are in that category.

Amen.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

New wrinkle to Lawson:  Mayock reported last night that the kid got a 43 on the Wonderlic.

You think he'll be able to play LB in Jim Johnson's system?  Yes.

QuoteMANNY AMONG BOYS

Saturday is going to be a gi-normous day for North Carolina State's defensive line. Williams is now expected to go No. 1 and his other end counterpart, Manny Lawson, could sneak into the draft's top 15 picks, higher than many mock drafts are expecting.

Lawson probably has this figured out by now -- he scored a remarkable 43 on the Wonderlic test that measures a person's intelligence. But it was not just Lawson's Wonderlic that stood out. So do some of his other numbers:

Lawson is 6-foot-6, 249 pounds. He runs the 40 in 4.41 seconds. He bench pressed 225 pounds 25 times. He vertical jumped 39 ½ inches. He long jumped 10.6 feet. Lawson is an engineering major, captain of his football team, ran track at North Carolina State and never has been injured.

Displaced

Gotta say this guy is mighty impressive.  The only thing that scares me is that some of these guys were ok comming off the season; the last time they did something and now they have grown to Paul Bunyon proportons in value and ability.

PoopyfaceMcGee

GET LAWSON.  KILL DHANI.

That is all.  I'll be playing some poker during the draft, so I look forward to taking all night tonight to catch up on :CF.

GO BIRDS!

SD_Eagle5

QuoteLawson is 6-foot-6, 249 pounds. He runs the 40 in 4.41 seconds. He bench pressed 225 pounds 25 times. He vertical jumped 39 ½ inches. He long jumped 10.6 feet. Lawson is an engineering major, captain of his football team, ran track at North Carolina State and never has been injured.

Damn, I like those numbers. Great size height for a shutdown TE SAM.